5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warranty Question

Kenny4

Reaction score
I purchased my 21 Ram in November of 2020. In Nov of 2023 my factory warranty will expire. The truck only has 6K on it at present and probably 7K when warranty runs out. I never got to use it for the purpose it was purchased for. What would you guys recommend in a situation like this. Thanks

n8zcc

Reaction score
The factory warranty is 3 years or 36,000 miles. The powertrain has a longer warranty, 5 years or 60K (gas)/100K(diesel).

If you want to extend your warranty, look into a Mopar MaxCare service contract.

Mirowpl

Reaction score
Use Ziegler for a quote on extended warranty they sell all the various molar warranties plus have the best price around easy to deal with

1681044742103.png

Cptnkirk

Reaction score
If you decide to go with Zeigler there’s a discount code somewhere on another thread on the forum that I used in December of 2022 to save several hundred dollars.

John Jensen

Reaction score
If you are keeping the truck get a Mopar extended warranty. All four of these discounters will beat Ziegler. In order of my best price quotes.
1 - Tom Winkels, Hayes Jeep, 269-385-1116,
2 - Victor Riedman, Mopar MaxCare, 765-222-1356,
3 - Joe Topor, Chrysler Warrantys, 888-918-9840,
4 - Jason Edmundson, Chrysler Warranty Direct, 517-662-0400

Last edited:

Kenny4

Reaction score
If you are keeping the truck get a Mopar extended warranty. Al four of these discounters will beat Ziegler. In order of my best price quotes.
1 - Tom Winkels, Hayes Jeep, 269-385-1116,
2 - Victor Riedman, Mopar MaxCare, 765-222-1356,
3 - Joe Topor, Chrysler Warrantys, 888-918-9840,
4 - Jason Edmundson, Chrysler Warranty Direct, 517-662-0400
Thank you for posting these contacts. Curious how you came up such wide spread references. Also do you need to be still under the factory warranty while obtaining an extended one?

John Jensen

Reaction score
Thank you for posting these contacts. Curious how you came up such wide spread references. Also do you need to be still under the factory warranty while obtaining an extended one?
I had a list of potential discounters that I collected from various forum posts. Called or emailed them and over time boiled it down to six, last month I boiled the six to the above four. Could easily boil it down to the top three. If you only want to make one phone call, call Tom Winkles.

It's best to purchase while still under warranty. If you don't the truck will have to be inspected to qualify. I had one seller say they will not sell an extended if the truck is out of warranty. When I bought my second extended this year one seller said they don't sell past the first extended. Another said he couldn't quote the second extension until he canceled the existing one. Not sure if he didn't know how or was trying to lock me in. My point, it's best to shop while under warranty, otherwise, the dealers have different rules for themselves. That surprised me because they are all selling the same Mopar policies.

Users who are viewing this thread