5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warranty problem. BS denial reason.

philodog

Reaction score
2022 Ram 1500, 46k miles. I have the factory extended warranty for 5 years/60k. I was on an extended trip to Mexico when the driveshaft started vibrating. Over a month it steadily got worse until it became obvious that it was a failing u joint. The u joint was visibly broken. I found an aftermarket replacement , installed it myself and kept the original which had obvious bearing damage. When I returned to the states I asked my dealer to replace the aftermarket part with an OEM u joint under warranty. They said since I didn't bring the vehicle in for inspection before the u joint was replaced they couldn't do it under warranty. I showed them the broken part but it didn't matter since they didn't see it on the vehicle. I asked the service manager what he would have done in my place since the u joint was about to fail and I was 1000 miles from the nearest dealer. He said he would have done the same thing I did but he still couldn't help me. He wouldn't even give me the new OEM part to install myself. Do I have any recourse with FCA?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
2022 Ram 1500, 46k miles. I have the factory extended warranty for 5 years/60k. I was on an extended trip to Mexico when the driveshaft started vibrating. Over a month it steadily got worse until it became obvious that it was a failing u joint. The u joint was visibly broken. I found an aftermarket replacement , installed it myself and kept the original which had obvious bearing damage. When I returned to the states I asked my dealer to replace the aftermarket part with an OEM u joint under warranty. They said since I didn't bring the vehicle in for inspection before the u joint was replaced they couldn't do it under warranty. I showed them the broken part but it didn't matter since they didn't see it on the vehicle. I asked the service manager what he would have done in my place since the u joint was about to fail and I was 1000 miles from the nearest dealer. He said he would have done the same thing I did but he still couldn't help me. He wouldn't even give me the new OEM part to install myself. Do I have any recourse with FCA?
Unfortunately, that's just not how warranties work. Hopefully you were smart enough to use a good quality replacement part when you had it replaced while in Mexico.

Users who are viewing this thread