5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warranty price increases 10/2/18

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
3 classes of vehicles are getting put into a new tier. I copied some I nfo posted by @202snowman in another thread as this is good info and should be broadcasted. Price increases are estimated at 200-300 for lifetime warranty when I spoke with the manager at Factoryplans. If your on the fence or plan to purchase might be a good time to save that extra money!!

http://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/

PROMO code still works: PAYINFULL
For 365 additional off (no financing) Or DAMON2 for 200 dollars and financing possible.

from the website- spoke with manager bob and it is true.

Attention! Mopar just announced restructured pricing for Mopar Vehicle Protection Plans will become effective October 2, 2018. We know MVP plan prices for Ram 1500, Jeep Grand Cherokee and Jeep Wrangler WILL increase. Unfortunately, price changes of plans for other models have not been disclosed. So, you should act quickly if you need an extended service warranty soon.

Last edited:

Ramjack

Reaction score
What is the PAYINFULL promo code? $365 off the extended warranty if you pay cash for the vehicle? Sorry, I'm new here.

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What is the PAYINFULL promo code? $365 off the extended warranty if you pay cash for the vehicle? Sorry, I'm new here.
This purchase is separate from the vehicle purchase. The promo code payinfull get you 365 off the already discounted prices provided by Factoryplans.com if you pay by CC, check etc.

Or if you use the promo code DAMON2 you can get 200 dollars off the already discounted warranty plans through that website and still take advantage of the mopar 12 months 0% financing on that warranty. So in theory you are paying 165 dollars more to be able to finance over 12 months at 0%

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bummer. I don't think I'll have mine in time for the cheaper price option. Hopefully better incentives will make it a wash.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can go online and play with the plans and codes to see what is best for you. I opted for the Lifetime $200 deductible for $2410 as I tend to keep my trucks well beyond three years.

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Bummer. I don't think I'll have mine in time for the cheaper price option. Hopefully better incentives will make it a wash.

If the truck has shipped you can technically purchase the plan I was told. Pretty much the same time you can access the window sticker through the link with your vin.

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
is this for all plans or just the lifetime
All plans associated with the ram 1500, Grand Cherokee and wrangler are going up. Something like the lifetime is going to increase more then a plan that is less years.

Dustin

IT Geek, Adventure Junkie
Reaction score
7yr / 100k / $100 for $1745 - that seems like a really good deal. I think I'm going to spring for it this week.

Reactions: 356

TDubyaDubya

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
It looks like you can purchase the lifetime warranty anytime in the first 3/36k, is this correct? Does it cost more after the truck is a couple years old?

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It looks like you can purchase the lifetime warranty anytime in the first 3/36k, is this correct? Does it cost more after the truck is a couple years old?

Correct, anytime before the original bumper to bumper expires. It’s the cheapest in the first 12 months but you can still buy before 36 months.

thcmas35

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
Do you guys normally buy warranty's and do they typically pay off to do so? I'm trying with the idea because of the 'deal' and the fact that there seems to be no extra cost for a limited with the extra do-dads. However, if you keep the truck until 100k plus miles, do you expect to have more than $2.5-3k in non-wear items? I guess the answer is probably yes if considering the plan. The actuaries are pretty good at what they do and my guess is this is not a loss leading business. As I think through this, if I have weird repairs before 36k miles, I guess I trade it in. I would think I would have to have multiple expensive repairs after 36k to gain. It just seems like the likelihood of this is low? But what do I know, I have only leased Ram's before and ditched them after 30k miles. I'm purchasing now and have no idea how long I will keep it. Just trying to figure out if this makes sense for me and what others expect to have happen with their trucks over their ownership.

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Do you guys normally buy warranty's and do they typically pay off to do so? I'm trying with the idea because of the 'deal' and the fact that there seems to be no extra cost for a limited with the extra do-dads. However, if you keep the truck until 100k plus miles, do you expect to have more than $2.5-3k in non-wear items? I guess the answer is probably yes if considering the plan. The actuaries are pretty good at what they do and my guess is this is not a loss leading business. As I think through this, if I have weird repairs before 36k miles, I guess I trade it in. I would think I would have to have multiple expensive repairs after 36k to gain. It just seems like the likelihood of this is low? But what do I know, I have only leased Ram's before and ditched them after 30k miles. I'm purchasing now and have no idea how long I will keep it. Just trying to figure out if this makes sense for me and what others expect to have happen with their trucks over their ownership.
Really depends on how long you plan to keep the truck. I have a 2011 grand Cherokee that I purchased new with a 7yr 100k maxcare. 8 years later I still own it and wish I bought the lifetime warranty at the time. I used the maxcare up until 7yrs and it most definitely paid for itself. Since my warranty expired I’ve had to do the starter (300) and recharge the AC (100) I’ve also changed the hvac blend door myself otherwise that’s a 500-700 dollar job for a 50 dollar part. My steering pump needs replacement but for now I put thicker oil. During the warranty period I’ve had plenty of issues unfortunately. Only 88k

Two water pumps
Alternator
Rack and pinion
Hvac blower (twice)
Automatic lift gate piston
Automatic lift gate sensor
Battery
PCM
Air line fitting/hoses
I’m probably missing more too

I hear it’s best to lease, so your always covered with FCA vehicles but to me personally it seems like a waste of money so I’m also buying. My Jeep- maybe first year and reason it had so many issues but based on my experience I will be buying the lifetime. Maybe I won’t get my money’s worth on the Ram but with all the electronics today all it takes is something with the air compressor to go bad, a PCM or TCM after warranty and you’ve already made it half or all the way to the cost depending on the item lol

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If the truck has shipped you can technically purchase the plan I was told. Pretty much the same time you can access the window sticker through the link with your vin.

I called today and was told I can't purchase it yet. They need an "in service date" which is the date you take delivery. So I'll have to wait a just absorb the cost increase. Hopefully the discount code will still work.

Zmoney

Reaction score
can anyone here advise on who i can get the best 'deal' for a maxcare lifetime warranty from? Name/Contact? I would also like to inquire if etorque system will be included in that. Thanks in advance

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Search "warranty." Both the thread you are in and the other result that will pop up in your search contains links to the most commonly used and best deals.

rx2man

Reaction score
Lifetime warranty is a definite, the question for me is pay up now and $0 deductible or save some on the buy in and do the $100 deductible. 25 ish visits to a dealer seems like a lot but maybe not. I do not drive far to work but do plan to keep this a long time as in I am 47 and this is my last new car purchase. KJRam is to me a worst case scenario but maybe not and I can certainly see more repairs in 10-15 yrs even with low miles but $5k is still a lot to fork over all at once and what if the vehicle is totaled out in a accident or something......

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Lifetime warranty is a definite, the question for me is pay up now and $0 deductible or save some on the buy in and do the $100 deductible. 25 ish visits to a dealer seems like a lot but maybe not. I do not drive far to work but do plan to keep this a long time as in I am 47 and this is my last new car purchase. KJRam is to me a worst case scenario but maybe not and I can certainly see more repairs in 10-15 yrs even with low miles but $5k is still a lot to fork over all at once and what if the vehicle is totaled out in a accident or something......

Where are you getting $5k from?

Users who are viewing this thread