5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warranty on a CPO

AJ21

Reaction score
Just purchased a CPO( had them CPO it at my expense) as I found the extended warranty to be WAY less through Zeigler and plan to sign up tomorrow before rates increase in 2023. I just wanted to share this with prospective preowned buyers and believe the Zeigler to be a Full MOPAR warranty exact as if purchased through a dealer.

I will be choosing either a 7/100 for $1365or 8/125 for $1790 $100 deductible (only option for CPO truck) vs non CPO quote of 2,870 and $4,360 assuming the $365 payinfull discount for both. In reality, I would have chosen $200 deductible which are 2,345/$,3,550 respectively, so perhaps that is the better comparison. I only put on about 12K per yr and truck has 30K 2yrs old so effectively 5/70 or 6/95. I usually only put on 12K avg per year. Anyways, appreciative of any thoughts , opinions or other input/alternatives from the great knowledge present on here.

Be

Attachments

• 1672264666715.png
    1672264666715.png
    944 bytes · Views: 31
U

User_3336

You can still use the promo code PAYINFULL for a savings of $365 off the listed internet prices on ZEIGLER.

The Mopar ESP's purchased thru Zeigler are the same purchased thru FCA.

raygun9

Reaction score
I tried to work with them and have a CPO and they wouldnt provide anything. Who did you speak with?

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

AJ21

Reaction score
You can still use the promo code PAYINFULL for a savings of $365 off the listed internet prices on ZEIGLER.

The Mopar ESP's purchased thru Zeigler are the same purchased thru FCA.
Agreed I subtracted the $365 already in my quotes

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Your local dealer or Mopar direct will never come close to the factory Maxcare warranties provided by either Zeigler or Granger. These are the only two brick and mortar Stellantis dealerships I know that sell Mopar warranties with just a $50 mark-up over costs.

ToolJunkie

Reaction score
Zeigler was $50 more than Granger, so I was going with Granger until I received a formal document to sign from Granger and their price went up $100 while Zeigler is still the same on their site. Unsure if they are incorporating the 2023 price increase now. In any case read the documentation carefully.

U

User_3336

Zeigler was $50 more than Granger, so I was going with Granger until I received a formal document to sign from Granger and their price went up $100 while Zeigler is still the same on their site. Unsure if they are incorporating the 2023 price increase now. In any case read the documentation carefully.
The price increase is Jan 3rd, 2023. Prices on the Zeigler site have not increased YET.

Granger does not have a website, they probably quoted you the increase already incorporated in.

Grab one @ Zeigler before it DOES go up!

ToolJunkie

Reaction score
Actually they came back the next morning with the original quoted price. The administrator said she deleted the old quote and when she regenerated the quote the system came back with the price she had originally quoted. Hmmm.
I went ahead and went with Granger anyway. Car dealers will be car dealers.

U

User_3336

Actually they came back the next morning with the original quoted price. The administrator said she deleted the old quote and when she regenerated the quote the system came back with the price she had originally quoted. Hmmm.
I went ahead and went with Granger anyway. Car dealers will be car dealers.

They actually realized they were fixing to lose a sale, thus the correction.

@JC

Reaction score
Maria is competent and easy to work with but also extremely busy with the warranty quotes and contracts. She's also human and can make a mistake but I've always had great communication with her on the warranties I've purchased from Granger.

U

User_3336

Maria is competent and easy to work with but also extremely busy with the warranty quotes and contracts. She's also human and can make a mistake but I've always had great communication with her on the warranties I've purchased from Granger.
Almost sounds like you work for Granger . . . How many extended warranties have you purchased from Granger?

Didn't you purchase one from Zeigler as well?

@JC

Reaction score
Almost sounds like you work for Granger . . . How many extended warranties have you purchased from Granger?

Didn't you purchase one from Zeigler as well?
2 from Granger and a few from Zeigler before Granger started offering the slightly better price. The warranty (or technically Extended Service Contract) is the same no matter where you buy it so all you're shopping is price and Granger has the best price now. I've also ordered 2 vehicles from them and have nothing but great things to say about the experience from start to finish and their whole operation in general so yeah I'm probably willing to cut them a little more slack than someone whos only interaction is an email to an anonymous corporate email address requesting a quote. I have nothing bad to say about Zeigler either, they were always helpful with the warranty quotes but 50 bucks is 50 bucks.

Last edited:
U

User_3336

2 from Granger and a few from Zeigler before Granger started offering the slightly better price. The warranty (or technically Extended Service Contract) is the same no matter where you buy it so all you're shopping is price and Granger has the best price now. I've also ordered 2 vehicles from them and have nothing but great things to say about the experience from start to finish and their whole operation in general so yeah I'm probably willing to cut them a little more slack than someone whos only interaction is an email to an anonymous corporate email address requesting a quote. I have nothing bad to say about Zeigler either, they were always helpful with the warranty quotes but 50 bucks is 50 bucks.
Yes, we all know a MOPAR ESP is the same as FCA sells, just much cheaper. that's been the same since I first signed up on here and bought one from Zeigler.
I personally like a website where I can configure my own package, and buy it directly online with a credit card, and 5 minutes later, have a copy of my contract. I don't like emailing back and forth, and waiting for responses. Likewise, perhaps simplicity is worth $50.

@JC

Reaction score
Yes, we all know a MOPAR ESP is the same as FCA sells, just much cheaper. that's been the same since I first signed up on here and bought one from Zeigler.
I personally like a website where I can configure my own package, and buy it directly online with a credit card, and 5 minutes later, have a copy of my contract. I don't like emailing back and forth, and waiting for responses. Likewise, perhaps simplicity is worth $50.
That's great, some people like one way others like to do it another way, no worries. Tom Winkle used to be another discount option as well but I think he has retired. Local dealers love to make a killing on these from uninformed buyers so, either option you choose, it's just good we have a couple of options from reliable dealers willing to deeply discount these off retail prices.

fliptide

Reaction score
I purchased on January 6th. At that time Zeigler was $45 cheaper than Granger.

U

User_3336

I purchased on January 6th. At that time Zeigler was $45 cheaper than Granger.
That was probably because Granger has already implemented the price increase into their quotes (which they once recalculated and said it was a mistake).

So, right now, Zeigler probably IS cheaper.

Reactions: @JC

Users who are viewing this thread