5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warranty Issues With A After Market Front Bumper & Winch?

billybaloneey

Reaction score
I have a 2022 Lone Star 5.7L...it is still under warranty and I have an extended warranty on top of that. I've been eye balling an after market front & rear bumper. The front bumper has the option for a winch. I just purchased a Badland 12,000 ZXR winch and have been told it will fit inside the after market front bumper. I did look at the Vice hidden winch option but their setup would only partially support the Badland winch.

My question is: What type of warranty issues/claims would/could be denied if I changed out my front bumper and added a winch?

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
I could see them denying claims for front suspension, charging system, and anything using bumper sensors. Added weight, added electrical load, and relocated sensors. Not that a new bumper and winch will cause any problems, but they always look for a way out.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
In prehistoric times when I was a Chrysler dealer mechanic, we wouldn't care. The only modifications we cared about, were if it caused the problem. Things like raising a truck, can make them not want to warranty axles, or bearings, due to added stresses, but hanging a bumper and winch shouldn't effect anything. Unless you bend the frame trying to pull 20,000 lbs sideways or something. True, bumper sensors may or may not be warrantied, if they went bad, because it could be possible to have been damaged during a swap.

Users who are viewing this thread