5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warranty is up in 5k miles! What should I Do?

Limited | MegaCab

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have a ram 3500 HO, and it has a 100k drivetrain warranty. the truck currently has 96k miles.
I live in Cali, should I take it to some shops to inspect all the parts to order new ones before the warrenty runs out,
should I do anything at all?
Also, what would you guys recommend servicing at this mileage? (Tannyfluid, diffs?)
Thanks

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Check the owner's manual for suggested 100k mile services. I would also consider doing any maintenance that's required at lower mileage intervals, that you might've missed.

I personally look for things that others have experienced failures at certain mileages and I replace prior to that mileage so I don't get stranded. On my old Silverado, I replaced all the belts at 80k because of an extended travel away from home/tools, so I replaced before I left. I also replaced brake pads and rotors at that time, even though they were still good. I sold the truck at 165k miles and never had any major issues that would've left me on the side of the road.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I don't know if the 3500 has the same parts of a 1500, but I know diffs should get new oil somewhere around the 75k mark per the manufacture (not Ram)
I would assume tranny oil too at 100k if you really wanna keep it running for another 100k.

Users who are viewing this thread