5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warrant effected by AMP boards?

westcoast

Reaction score
I have an unopened box of AMP steps for my 19 Big Horn I just bought. Can anyone tell me how many inches from the ground the step is when the doors are open? It's always hard to tell with all these different running board pictures because 98% of people never take a picture down at the ground level. I just couldnt find any stationary steps that came low enough for me and weren't so darn close to the body, as well as being a few inches wide.(size 13 shoe)

I am also considering buying a 7 year/75,000 extended max care warranty so this wouldnt jeopardize any electical issues in the future would it?

I have a buddy who is a tech at Nissan who is going to put them on for me for $100. Better than the prices I got from 3 independent shops and the dealer. $350 to $600 in labor.

Thanks

tuner1129

Reaction score
I bought the mopar power steps and installed it myself. They gave me mixed advice, but by law they cant just void you extended warranty just because it's a aftermarket part. Unless it directly affects the part the is damaged or malfunctioning. I bought the extended warranty 7/100k I'm changing the whole sound system and lifting it. If they ever tell you your warranty is voided because of such and such. Ask for specific proof that was cause by your aftermarket part. They'll usually shut up and fix whatever it's broken. Been through the we will void your warranty situation, all I did is go to another dealer and got whatever I needed fixed. Word of caution is dont cut wire if you dont have too, tap into them. Good luck on your installation by the way!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

westcoast

Reaction score
I bought the mopar power steps and installed it myself. They gave me mixed advice, but by law they cant just void you extended warranty just because it's a aftermarket part. Unless it directly affects the part the is damaged or malfunctioning. I bought the extended warranty 7/100k I'm changing the whole sound system and lifting it. If they ever tell you your warranty is voided because of such and such. Ask for specific proof that was cause by your aftermarket part. They'll usually shut up and fix whatever it's broken. Been through the we will void your warranty situation, all I did is go to another dealer and got whatever I needed fixed. Word of caution is dont cut wire if you dont have too, tap into them. Good luck on your installation by the way!

Good point. It’s “plug and play” so there should not be any wire cutting.

I don’t think they can say we aren’t going to fix your window motor back up camera or transmission because you installed power running boards, right!?

I just want to be sure if I shell out the $1400 for the warranty with $100 deductible I’m going to have peace of mind for the next 7 years

tuner1129

Reaction score
Good point. It’s “plug and play” so there should not be any wire cutting.

I don’t think they can say we aren’t going to fix your window motor back up camera or transmission because you installed power running boards, right!?

I just want to be sure if I shell out the $1400 for the warranty with $100 deductible I’m going to have peace of mind for the next 7 years
Exactly, I went through this with my charger also didnt know much about extended warranty but I learned the hard way not to purchase a 3rd party warranty lol but your the nail with the hammer. If it makes you feel a bit better I paid $2300 for my 7/100 warranty from mopar lol

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We recently worked on a 2500 Diesel with aftermarket power running boards (which I like much better than the OEM after seeing them), and the owner had purchased the Lifetime warranty at the time (which I heard is no longer available). We checked the wiring, etc. and NO, it did not void his Lifetime warranty at all (I believe, though, that he had the dealer install the running boards - which may have helped.)

Users who are viewing this thread