5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warped Rotors from RA.com!! Anybody Else Experience This?

VegasRob55

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I bought new pads and rotors from RA, for my 19' Ram Laramie 5.7.
I ordered the highest rated, fully coated rotors I could find, and I bought Power Stop Z36 specialty truck pads. Also highest cost and highest recommended by RA.
The rotors are warped. They feel terrible. They feel unsafe.
The vibration in the pedal, wheel & overall truck shudder at any speed over 40, is almost laughable.
RA will not let me exchange them for new/safe rotors. They are adamant about this too.
Anybody else have this issue with them?

Thanks, Ram family!
Rob

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I bought new pads and rotors from RA, for my 19' Ram Laramie 5.7.
I ordered the highest rated, fully coated rotors I could find, and I bought Power Stop Z36 specialty truck pads. Also highest cost and highest recommended by RA.
The rotors are warped. They feel terrible. They feel unsafe.
The vibration in the pedal, wheel & overall truck shudder at any speed over 40, is almost laughable.
RA will not let me exchange them for new/safe rotors. They are adamant about this too.
Anybody else have this issue with them?

Thanks, Ram family!
Rob
If the rotors were warped you would feel it at all speeds, and there would be a pulsing of the pedal when braking. You may have other issues causing your vibration

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Try putting the old rotors and pads back on?
Take the rotors to be resurfaced somewhere?

I think you would realize they were screwed up when you were putting them on.

Personally I leave rotors on for years and just replace pads, I get stuff from Autozone as I only need to buy pads once per vehicle.

Sounds like you might have a stuck caliper or something maybe but none of us could really know without seeing it.
Could take it into a shop to get your brakes "checked" and see what they say.

Big White RAM

Reaction score
Jack up the truck, remove wheels and reinstall lug nuts then use a dial indicator with a magnet mount to check if one or all of the rotors are warped while rotating by hand.

Yankee Echo

Reaction score
Sounds like you might have a stuck caliper or something maybe but none of us could really know without seeing it.
Could take it into a shop to get your brakes "checked" and see what they say.
I changed the brakes on my previous truck before selling it. The truck had not had much use over the last couple yearssince I worked from home during the pandemic. Put on new rotors, etc and within 20 miles I noticed pulsing like a warped rotor. Rock Auto actually did exchange both and same thing, rotors were warped. Turned out both front calipers were seizing and overheating the rotors causing them to warp.

Agree with the suggestion for the OP to check the calipers.

Big White RAM

Reaction score
And also remember to clean/grease the caliper guide pins and apply high temp brake caliper grease before re-installing so they don't bind up.

VegasRob55

Reaction score
If the rotors were warped you would feel it at all speeds, and there would be a pulsing of the pedal when braking. You may have other issues causing your vibration
Yup, Yup. Totally. They are warped. I've been driving a light truck & semi-trailer for 20 years, bud. They vibrate at all speeds. It's unbearable over 40 mph.

VegasRob55

Reaction score
I changed the brakes on my previous truck before selling it. The truck had not had much use over the last couple yearssince I worked from home during the pandemic. Put on new rotors, etc and within 20 miles I noticed pulsing like a warped rotor. Rock Auto actually did exchange both and same thing, rotors were warped. Turned out both front calipers were seizing and overheating the rotors causing them to warp.

Agree with the suggestion for the OP to check the calipers.
The calipers are great! They were inspected & properly installed at a brake shop. 47,000 miles on my daily commuter truck.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
The calipers are great! They were inspected & properly installed at a brake shop. 47,000 miles on my daily commuter truck.
You needed new calipers at 47k miles???? holy crap.

I thought you installed the pads and rotors yourself, you say you had it done at a "brake shop"? the ones around here like Napa an stuff hire a bunch of monkies that can't even handle an oil change.

Maybe take off your rotors and re-install them yourself, or get a written document from the shop that installed them that they are warped, then do a credit card charge back and apply the document to the claim and you will get your money back.

Your original post was just asking if anyone have had problems with PowerStop rotors I think? I know a lot of people that have used them and not had problems. Any part can be defective but the shop installing them should of known if the part was\is damaged or if the damage was caused after getting it installed.
I also just went to RA.com like in the title and its a website for people with Rheum disability so maybe you mean a different website?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You needed new calipers at 47k miles???? holy crap.

I thought you installed the pads and rotors yourself, you say you had it done at a "brake shop"? the ones around here like Napa an stuff hire a bunch of monkies that can't even handle an oil change.

Maybe take off your rotors and re-install them yourself, or get a written document from the shop that installed them that they are warped, then do a credit card charge back and apply the document to the claim and you will get your money back.

Your original post was just asking if anyone have had problems with PowerStop rotors I think? I know a lot of people that have used them and not had problems. Any part can be defective but the shop installing them should of known if the part was\is damaged or if the damage was caused after getting it installed.
I also just went to RA.com like in the title and its a website for people with Rheum disability so maybe you mean a different website?
I assume he means RockAuto

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: You're not alone here. I automatically thought that OP bought brake parts from 'RA.com' and they're warped. 'RockAuto' never crossed my mind.

Users who are viewing this thread