5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warning about Retrax XR with RAMBOX

Reaction score

Retrax Pro XR Tonneau cover 2019 - 2023 5th Gen Ram w/ Rambox & Multifunction Tailgate (5'7" bed)

The top of this tonneau nor the T slot rail system on this tonneau should ever be loaded with any weight. Design and engineering failure.

the entire cover depends on 6 tiny screws through thi. sheet metal to hold up the weight of the entire system.

if installed as directed, it leaves severe gaps in weather stripping, and the entire unit will eventually shift downward and place the load in undersireable areas... either the thin sheet metal that rests on the bulkhead at the front of the bed, or on your cargo management system tie down points.

"functional" installation that allows for use of the rails will require permenant removal of your cargo tie downs, and grinding off the end of the rails where they rest on the bulkhead so that the provided black retrax rails actually rest on the aluminum blocks attached to the silver mopar rails. This causes the entire unit to sit lower than designed and instructed, and creates for very poor water proofing.

retrax customer service has not been able to provide me with a solution. it is simply a design flaw and oversight for the XR line with Ramboxes...

If anyone has a solution to make this thing usable please let me know.
4f9e445bc1788ee8f6abe41a28a585ea.jpg
5e0c2b932b7283a048441a6526731893.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online