5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warning about 12" Uconnect

mrmachaveli

Reaction score
After sometime driving the new 1500, the 8.4" is great, and it acts like a smartphone in every aspect, and is incredibly quick, but I will tell you, order yourself a 12", you'll be thankful. Having to switch out of android/apple car for other functions especially the 360' camera is annoying. I'm Driving this one until mine comes in.

But, it's more money, but from playing with it, it has sold me on how much easier it is to have 2 8.4 screens.

Pay once, Cry once, and be merry for all time on.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
After seeing both in person yesterday I agree th 12" is the way to go. Not that there is anything inherently wrong with the 8.4, the 12" is just amazing.

It would be great to see some photos of the truck if you can, whenever you get the chance.
1f609.png

fish mojo

Reaction score
<woltlab-quote data-link="https://5thgenrams.com/community/forum/index.php?thread/272-warning-about-12-uconnect/&postID=1607#post1607" data-author="mrmachaveli">After sometime driving the new 1500, the 8.4" is great, and it acts like a smartphone in every aspect, and is incredibly quick, but I will tell you, order yourself a 12", you'll be thankful. Having to switch out of android/apple car for other functions especially the 360' camera is annoying. I'm Driving this one until mine comes in.

But, it's more money, but from playing with it, it has sold me on how much easier it is to have 2 8.4 screens.

Pay once, Cry once, and be merry for all time on.
</woltlab-quote>Did you get to hear the HK stereo? Thoughts and impressions??

ericd

Reaction score
fish mojo said:
Did you get to hear the HK stereo? Thoughts and impressions??
what's interesting is the few window stickers I've seen for limited trims aren't including the advanced equipment group. They seem to just stick with the safety group. And the msrp's were still at $65k. Hopefully more will start having the HK sound system.

chade014

Reaction score
ericd said:
what's interesting is the few window stickers I've seen for limited trims aren't including the advanced equipment group. They seem to just stick with the safety group. And the msrp's were still at $65k. Hopefully more will start having the HK sound system.
I got a almost fully loaded limited 4x2 for $59k and some change. Dealers are giving about $5k off at least.

mrmachaveli

Reaction score
fish mojo said:
Did you get to hear the HK stereo? Thoughts and impressions??
Yes, and wow, i thought it waste until I heard it and wow, it is incredible. I am serious about my audio, and wow. well worth it. and I am cheap and all about value.

VoiceOfReason

Reaction score
The Rebel does not have it as an option.
Hoping the TRX does, come 2020 . . .

VoiceOfReason

Reaction score
Jared Balfour said:
I'm sure TRX will have it.
263a.png
The $85,000+ Hellcat flagship probably would. Not so sure about the more plebeian 7.0L though. If you can call a $60,000+ truck plebeian at all.
But, could be available on both with it being a pricey option on the 7.0L and standard on the Hellcat. Actually, that would make the most sense.

D

Deleted member103

Jared Balfour said:
I'm sure TRX will have it.
263a.png
IF they sell well, by 2020 model year, and if they decide to lower the option price just a tad and if they offer it up to "the masses" -- you know kinda like the "folks wagon" (VW Bug back in the day - the masses) -- THEN I think we'll see it on down to the Big Horn Level; not before ! IMO .
Of course I'm talking only of the 1500's -- not sure why a "Big Rig" would need it, but I don't really have a clue how the 2500 / 3500 buyers "roll," or is it Role or Bagel or . . .
263a.png

1f609.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online