5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted-Tonneau cover advice

caschill

Reaction score
Living in central Minnesota we obviously get a lot of freezing rain, sleet and snow. Any snow left in any crevices on a truck will often start to melt, then refreeze overnight. Would this be an issue with a trifold or retractable tonneau cover? Those of you that live in similar weather conditions - do retractable covers freeze up? TIA!

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes Retractable will freeze. I had the Retrax and would never buy one again.
I had the BAK Revolver X4S ( came on truck ) and it was a great roll up hard cover and would be the only type I would buy, outside of a 1 piece that I usually prefer from Undercover.

PM-Performance

Reaction score
Best money I spent was getting one of the hard rolling covers. I have not a fear in the world about weight on it or people slashing it to get in my bed.
The cheaper vinyl ones can be a pain in the *** with shrinking and weight and security

mplaramie

Reaction score
I live where we get a lot of snow. Always gone with tri fold hard cover. Did the hard retractable and it froze in the winter. Have had a Gator EFX for a couple years without and issue but went with a BAKflip MX4 for the new truck. Wanted full bed access.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread