5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Want lift but don’t want to kill the smooth ride

Bdog

Reaction score
The title says it. My truck rides so smooth. I have never had a truck that rode this well. For a 4x4 though it sits so low. I don’t want anything extreme but want to lift it some maybe 3-4” but I don’t want to kill the ride as I drive a lot on the highway. Are there kits that will raise it some but not turn the ride into a tank?

Socks

Reaction score
As I dont have mine yet. I can only offer what I've read previously. Which is that the 2 inch mopar lift has near equal ride quality.
Also, I see in a previous post you got the Longhorn but it didnt say whether you did or did not get the air ride suspension. Which will probably be useful for the folks who have theirs already on.

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As I dont have mine yet. I can only offer what I've read previously. Which is that the 2 inch mopar lift has near equal ride quality.
Also, I see in a previous post you got the Longhorn but it didnt say whether you did or did not get the air ride suspension. Which will probably be useful for the folks who have theirs already on.
The bad thing about the mopar kit is it doesnt level the ride. I'd probably do the mopar lift and still add a 2" spacer.

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The level itself isn’t going to change the ride much. Tires will so if you are upgrading tires, do some research and pick a tire that fits your needs.

warrior20

Reaction score
Is there any kind of lift for the 2019 ram limited with air ride???? Please help

jamesfg

Reaction score
Folks......a lift kit will not make your truck ride any different. Your choice of wheels (if you go wider) and choice of tires will impact the ride quality.

As of right now, there is no lift out for the 5th gens with air suspension. When it does come out, be prepared to shell out a good amount of loot, they are not cheap. Go look at how much a lift is for a 4th gen with air versus coils.

Shaunt13

Reaction score
The title says it. My truck rides so smooth. I have never had a truck that rode this well. For a 4x4 though it sits so low. I don’t want anything extreme but want to lift it some maybe 3-4” but I don’t want to kill the ride as I drive a lot on the highway. Are there kits that will raise it some but not turn the ride into a tank?
Here is the exact kit i would purchase!
https://www.readylift.com/3-5-sst-lift-kit-2019-ram-1500-4wd-1.html

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My truck info is in my signature. I did not opt for the air suspension because I knew I would lift it. Mine is lifted with 35”s and still rides and controls very well. Impressed with how little it affected it. I do feel some of the road bumps slightly more but still rides better than other 1/2 ton pickups I have had. Even with the lift, it rides just as well or slightly better than my current stock ‘17 Ford Expedition does. Good luck!

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
To add to my previous reply, in my opinion, these trucks ride so well to begin with whether you have the air or coils that the upgraded stance and look of any lift and wheel tire package you want will far outweigh any slight or if at all rougher ride feeling!;)

warrior20

Reaction score
Folks......a lift kit will not make your truck ride any different. Your choice of wheels (if you go wider) and choice of tires will impact the ride quality.

As of right now, there is no lift out for the 5th gens with air suspension. When it does come out, be prepared to shell out a good amount of loot, they are not cheap. Go look at how much a lift is for a 4th gen with air versus coils.
Is there any way to get the truck on level 2 and keep it there???

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any reason to go with the Readylift over the Rough Country? RC seems like a much better value.
I have the RC and love it. There is a you tube video floating around that trashes the RC lift but whatever. I have mentioned before regarding this, I will trust my good friend who has a local truck shop who recommended the RC lift over the Ready before I will a random video!

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The majority of people who use either kit will have no issues. I will say that the Readylift kit is much beefier than Rough Country's kit. If you will be offroading or putting the truck through any punishment, I would go with Readylift.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any reason to go with the Readylift over the Rough Country? RC seems like a much better value.
Ready lift weld quality is better, dom tubing used for the control arms is bigger. Readylift claims the ball joint they use is proprietary and superior to oem. RC just notes the ball joints as POM which is just the material, but in general the Readylift brackets are heavier and better quality. Just can't see saving a few hundred bucks on something as important as the suspension on a $50k+ truck but the odds are the RC will hold up just fine.

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is there any way to get the truck on level 2 and keep it there???

Only if you pull the fuse. But don’t do that.

There are also adjustable links from Revel Performance but the ride will be stiffer.

No lift kits that will keep factory ride and functionality. 4th gens have done spacer and adjustable links but this is risky on 5th gen since sensors are different and links are also shorter. I’m looking for a shop that has experience with air ride but so far no luck. No one wants to touch it since it’s a closed system.

Users who are viewing this thread