5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Waiting on new truck... thanks for the add!

cdn_cowboy

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Thanks for adding me to the group. I'm up in Vancouver, BC and currently in a 2015 Ram 1500 Sport (Blue) which I love (photo attached). It was my first Ram and I couldn't have been happier minus a few issues here and there. When I saw the 2019/2020's out and about I couldn't help but want a new one... As a result I did a factory order a couple weeks ago since what I wanted does not exist anywhere (Hydro Blue 2020's)... not sure how long they are taking to come in right now but really looking forward to it! Here is what I ordered:

2020 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Cab with 6'4" Box
Hydro Blue Pearl
Leather Vented Bucket Seats
Sport Performance Hood
Panoramic Sunroof
Power Running Boardse
Blind Spot and Cross Path Detection
Anti-Spin Diff
Bed Utility Group
3.92 rear axle
Trailer Brake Control
Alpine Speaker System
124 liter (27.4 gallon) tank
Comfort and Convenience Group
Rear Wheelhouse Liners
Level 2 Equipment Group
Spray In Bedliner
20" Wheels (Lots of gravel driving and 22's aren't practical for that)

Fingers crossed that the factory incentives get better before it is delivered! This is my first factory order so a totally different experience... hopefully will seem a little more real once I get the VIN. Looking forward to being able to post a photo when it finally lands!

Attachments

• truck photo.JPG
    truck photo.JPG
    176.8 KB · Views: 20

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Good luck and I hope your vin number comes in real soon.

Brianziggy64

Reaction score
Check with your dealer. Vin # is usually created within a few days. Then you can start calling or chatting with Ram Chat to check the status of the build.

Check out the Order Tracking thread and there are links there to check for your Build Sheet and another to check for your Window Sticker when the truck is finished being built. Good Luck!

Skater

Reaction score
Your current Ram looks like it is in really great shape. Congrats on the new order and welcome.

cdn_cowboy

Reaction score
Check with your dealer. Vin # is usually created within a few days. Then you can start calling or chatting with Ram Chat to check the status of the build.

Check out the Order Tracking thread and there are links there to check for your Build Sheet and another to check for your Window Sticker when the truck is finished being built. Good Luck!
Thanks for the heads up! I am definitely going to check out all the things you mentioned - I assume through all of that I will be able to get the paint code? I need that to order a colour matched canopy in advance.

No VIN yet but was told it’s because of the off again on again factory closures delaying some stuff. They said the second they get it they will let me know. If it takes an extra month and I get better incentives no worries as the current truck is just fine!

Brianziggy64

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up! I am definitely going to check out all the things you mentioned - I assume through all of that I will be able to get the paint code? I need that to order a colour matched canopy in advance.

No VIN yet but was told it’s because of the off again on again factory closures delaying some stuff. They said the second they get it they will let me know. If it takes an extra month and I get better incentives no worries as the current truck is just fine!

You should be able to google the paint codes for the color you ordered. Those readily available online. I agree with the rebates.The closer you get to fall and end of the MY the better the rebates should be.

cdn_cowboy

Reaction score
VIN code is finally issued since I got bumped to a 2021 - production date of Sept 6. Is there a way to get a more specific paint code than PBJ? When I heard about the Sept 6 date I had to run out and order a canopy and check out tire stock because of all the Covid related delays. Canopies are running 5-6 weeks at best and tires are hit and miss (ie dealership can't get them but they are overpriced anyways). Hopefully Canopy will come in around time truck is delivered and tires only need two weeks notice. Starting to get excited!

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/