5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Waiting in anticipation for ceramic

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And a little nervous. My truck is at the detailer's until Monday morning getting ceramic coated. Ceramic is new to me and I've only seen it in pictures. The truck is getting body, windows and fronts of the wheels. IGL Kenzo which is a 10H and two different materials (coats), one coat for hardness and the second for slickness. It is supposed to be good for about 4 years. The windows is this stuff called GlassParency which is guaranteed for 3 years and includes quarterly refresh, and IGL Eclipse which is a hand or spray applied industrial ceramic for the plastics and wheels.

The thought of him putting a polisher to my still like new paint is a little stressful as I've never had a vehicle mechanically polished before. If the weather's good when I pick it up Monday there will be pics to follow.

_StangPGH

Reaction score
New paint is rarely perfect from the factory so a light correction will make it look 100x better.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
New paint is rarely perfect from the factory so a light correction will make it look 100x better.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
He just sent me a video of a walk around after clay bar and pointed out all the issues, only one of which I knew about. he's starting the correction.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
And a little nervous. My truck is at the detailer's until Monday morning getting ceramic coated. Ceramic is new to me and I've only seen it in pictures. The truck is getting body, windows and fronts of the wheels. IGL Kenzo which is a 10H and two different materials (coats), one coat for hardness and the second for slickness. It is supposed to be good for about 4 years. The windows is this stuff called GlassParency which is guaranteed for 3 years and includes quarterly refresh, and IGL Eclipse which is a hand or spray applied industrial ceramic for the plastics and wheels.

The thought of him putting a polisher to my still like new paint is a little stressful as I've never had a vehicle mechanically polished before. If the weather's good when I pick it up Monday there will be pics to follow.

You need to do paint correction before ceramic coating.
I clay barred then paint corrected before having PPF applied to the front, front fenders and hood then ceramic coated it once that was done

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How much is it running you?

I looked into it, but they're all asking north of a grand here.
With the wheels 1625 but I didn't even price search since I got good recommendations for this guy and he's less than 10 min from my house. He also hooked me up with that $75 Paint-less Dent repair I got so I'm happy.

Reverse

Reaction score
I got my truck covered in protective film on hood and fenders, followed by ceramic on the whole truck, excluding chrome and glass. The truck looks great when clean, the ceramic really adds another dimension to the looks. Not sure that is enough to do it again on my next truck though. Expected the truck to be easier to clean, but don't really notice any difference with our other Ram which doesn't have a ceramic coat.

Will definitely do the protective film again though.

BowDown

Reaction score
I got my truck covered in protective film on hood and fenders, followed by ceramic on the whole truck, excluding chrome and glass. The truck looks great when clean, the ceramic really adds another dimension to the looks. Not sure that is enough to do it again on my next truck though. Expected the truck to be easier to clean, but don't really notice any difference with our other Ram which doesn't have a ceramic coat.

I think dried bug guts and tar come off far easier but yeah, it doesn't really seem much different to wash vs an none ceramic coated car.
Where the advantage is in the level of gloss. Far superior to any wax or polish that'd you'd need to reapply monthly or bi-quarterly. I've found the ways and polishes don't last much more than a month or 2-3 washes, turtle wax and adams ceramic sprays included

BowDown

Reaction score

PPFis a must

Users who are viewing this thread