5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VTA Vehicle Theft Alarm with Alfaobd on a 2022?

NCBACKCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Before it dig into the alfaobd stuff on my 2022 Bighorn....

I'm wondering if I can enable the VTA Vehicle Theft Alarm stuff. Like having the red light thingy on the dash that blinks, etc.

Thanks for your time and help!

22Ram1500InAR

Reaction score
I did this mod. It appears to be working. Notes:

1. My Bighorn already had the "Connector A Pin 11: Hood Ajar Switch Input Present" set to yes.

2. This one is weird. "Vehicle Theft Alarm (VTA) Hood Ajar Monitoring" was already set to yes although the backup file says it is set to no everywhere this setting exists, and this setting was not flagged as a configuration change. I went back in just to be sure and to change it to "yes" if needed, but again AlfaOBD says it is already set to "yes". That is quirky, but I am not sure if I care.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I did this mod. It appears to be working. Notes:

1. My Bighorn already had the "Connector A Pin 11: Hood Ajar Switch Input Present" set to yes.

2. This one is weird. "Vehicle Theft Alarm (VTA) Hood Ajar Monitoring" was already set to yes although the backup file says it is set to no everywhere this setting exists, and this setting was not flagged as a configuration change. I went back in just to be sure and to change it to "yes" if needed, but again AlfaOBD says it is already set to "yes". That is quirky, but I am not sure if I care.
Do you have a Remote Start? If so #2 would be there and enabled as it's a requirement for remote start that the hood is closed (so you don't kill someone working on the engine).

Users who are viewing this thread