5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VREDESTEIN PINZA AT

Coolbreeze704

Reaction score
I been reading here and on many sites looking into a good tire choices for my new (to me) 2019 Bighorn 1500 4wd Crew. I live in NC close to foothills, so some snow and ice. I will go off-road occasionally but nothing serious. Mostly daily driver and tow my jetski's.

I am tempted to just get a highway tire but want a little flexibility along with the better look of the AT tires. I know Wildpeak's and Discover's are popular choices but right now there are some great prices and very favorable TireRack reviews on the Vredenstein Pinza AT

Anyone but some miles on these and have some feedback on them?

Also with very little towing I am leaning towards the lighter 116T tire option. Thoughts?
Lastly I am tempted to go with a 275/70 r18 instead of my oem 275/65/18. I believe they will fit without rub but worry about any impact on suspension, warranty, mpg and speedo/electronics. Any suggestions?

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I been reading here and on many sites looking into a good tire choices for my new (to me) 2019 Bighorn 1500 4wd Crew. I live in NC close to foothills, so some snow and ice. I will go off-road occasionally but nothing serious. Mostly daily driver and tow my jetski's.

I am tempted to just get a highway tire but want a little flexibility along with the better look of the AT tires. I know Wildpeak's and Discover's are popular choices but right now there are some great prices and very favorable TireRack reviews on the Vredenstein Pinza AT

Anyone but some miles on these and have some feedback on them?

Also with very little towing I am leaning towards the lighter 116T tire option. Thoughts?
Lastly I am tempted to go with a 275/70 r18 instead of my oem 275/65/18. I believe they will fit without rub but worry about any impact on suspension, warranty, mpg and speedo/electronics. Any suggestions?
I don’t have any experience with that brand, but I’d say you’ll be fine with that size. No impact to suspension, warranty, or rubbing. Your speedometer will be off by about 3.4% (2.2 MPH at 65 MPH) if you don’t recalibrate. Your odometer and reported MPG will be off by the same percentage. You’ll take something of an hit on MPG from a heavier tire.

Here’s a good tool for comparing tire sizes. It also shows the speedometer error.

Coolbreeze704

Reaction score
I don’t have any experience with that brand, but I’d say you’ll be fine with that size. No impact to suspension, warranty, or rubbing. Your speedometer will be off by about 3.4% (2.2 MPH at 65 MPH) if you don’t recalibrate. Your odometer and reported MPG will be off by the same percentage. You’ll take something of an hit on MPG from a heavier tire.

Here’s a good tool for comparing tire sizes. It also shows the speedometer error.
Thanks for the tire calculator link. Very useful

Bigbags85

Reaction score
I just put these tires on 3wks? (maybe a month) ago. I have about 1200ish miles on them. They're great so far! I have used Vredsteins on two other vehicles for a while and they're pretty awesome. I bought the E rated because I wanted them for towing our camper. No road noise, they were great up and down the moutains of NH as well as gravel uphill roads. I have the Quatracs on my Maxima and they don't even care when the road is soaked. I have yet to try the Pinzas in heavy rain but I am sure they'll be just as good. They are triple peak rated for snow but I won't know how well they work until this winter.

Users who are viewing this thread