5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Voltage issue

mac2408

Reaction score
My 2022 RAM 1500 etorque Laramie went completely black while driving, no power at all complete black out, coasted to a stop. Had to hook it up top a booster to get it on the flatbed. Next morning it started right up at the dealer without even a jump. Ever since it charges at 14.4 volts at idle when I start it in the morning, after an hour or so of driving it's reads a little over 13 volts at idle, then after 2 and a half hours it reads 12.4 volts. Then get up the next morning and we start at 14.4 again. Another oddity since breaking down, when driving, whenever you release the gas and just coast, it goes up to 14 but the moment you touch the gas the slightest bit putting any load on it whatsoever the reading drops down to the low idle point at that time. Any ideas? The dealer says no issue no code no issue. Just waiting for it to die on the road again.

Rebel Chas

Reaction score
My default cluster display contains the Volt meter, I will continue to glance at it during all driving situations. I almost always disable the Start/Stop immediately after each start. 3,000 miles on truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online