5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Voltage Fluctuation 5.7 E Torque

BMRAMAU

Reaction score
Hi,

I I have a 1500 hemi e torque.

The battery drained it self last night because for some reason the dash seem to stay on. I jumpstarted the car this morning had lots of engine lights on an error codes so I drove the car around for a couple of hours to charge the battery up now starts and stops fine all warning lights gone from dash.

The question is today for the first time I’ve actually been monitoring the battery voltage on the dash and it’s only reading usually around 12.6 12.7 but from time to times jumping up to 13.4 13.6. Does this seem right for the battery voltage to sit there so low and to fluctuate while driving and when stopped etc with the engine running?

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My truck's dash will show over 13v right after a start.
After driving for about 15 minutes the dash shows 12.6-12.7 like yours.

I believe this is a smart charging system in that the truck knows when the battery is fully charged and generates just enough to run all of the electrical systems.

tsbbartholomew1

Reaction score
The e-torque motor/generator charges the 48v battery and then there is a 48v DC to 12v DC converter as part of the 48v system that then charges and operates the 12v system. It is a smart system that only sends the necessary voltage so fluctuations will be seen. I would definitely recommend a visit to your dealer though because the drain that you experienced definitely is outside the scope of something normal even if it was a fluke.

Users who are viewing this thread