5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Voice to Navigate is USELESS!!

Ronkartz72

Reaction score
I have had very little luck trying to say what my destination is and actually have the truck get it right. Even simple addresses, the Nav is not even close to what I asked for. I know I am from South Louisiana, but I really don't have a waterboy accent or anything.
Has anyone else had problems with voice recognition, how many has success with it listening?

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep, same problem I had with my previous Uconnect systems with NAV. My current Ram utilizes Apple CarPlay as it doesn’t have NAV. Zero issues with CarPlay.

BobK

Reaction score
I think this is true for all vehicles. :) All of them that I have had are that bad, Ford, Chrysler, Kia, etc. Using an iPhone or Android phone to navigate is the only way that works right.

Gs72174

Reaction score
Definitely agree that the voice system is terrible. The database sucks just as bad.

I think I tried using the stock GPS twice but both times it couldn’t find a business by name. My Waze app on my phone had no problem finding what I was looking for.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'd have to agree, it is crazy how hard it is to tell it something. It either doesn't like the state, country or it just searches locally when I specify another state. I'm happier hand typing into my Ferd Synch 3 nav system, which I used to think was from Fred and Barney times...

grimloktt

Reaction score
My 2011 explorer is light years ahead of my 2019 ram voice control. Check this out...

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Zeeya

Reaction score
I've been lucky. I have paid and kept up the wifi on the truck since I was out in W Texas in pretty remote areas. I was able to hit the button and say "Navigation" and you could say address or other items (What is listed on screen when it comes up). I came over from the SYNC 3 system on 2017 Ford, so I had to experiment with it.
I have to say, I'm with the one that posted. I have lived in Lafayette LA for a long time...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JatZtk3wreo&feature=youtu.be

grimloktt

Reaction score
I've been lucky. I have paid and kept up the wifi on the truck since I was out in W Texas in pretty remote areas. I was able to hit the button and say "Navigation" and you could say address or other items (What is listed on screen when it comes up). I came over from the SYNC 3 system on 2017 Ford, so I had to experiment with it.
I have to say, I'm with the one that posted. I have lived in Lafayette LA for a long time...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JatZtk3wreo&feature=youtu.be
How do you get a list of voice options to show on the screen before each command?

Zeeya

Reaction score
The voice button on left hand side of steering wheel. When you push it you can say any of them and it will go to whatever you say. If you say “search and go” when next screen pops up try “Walmart”. It will list closest to you first and then farther ones. It will ask you to say line number. Follow prompts.
button between dial and hang up.
You can set temperature as well using this

grimloktt

Reaction score
The voice button on left hand side of steering wheel. When you push it you can say any of them and it will go to whatever you say. If you say “search and go” when next screen pops up try “Walmart”. It will list closest to you first and then farther ones. It will ask you to say line number. Follow prompts.
button between dial and hang up.
You can set temperature as well using this
Thnx. Mine doesn't show the available voice commands. I'll have to dig into settings to see if I can find it. Thnx

Zeeya

Reaction score
Da---, that sucks. When you hit the voice button and after it beeps, if you say "Navigation". nothing comes up?? I don't remember having to go through settings on the 12" to enable anything, but I've had it almost 2 years..

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In the settings, you need to turn on the show voice commands option.

I have tried using my navigation with voice and it tries sending me to Canada or Venezuela! It's comical, but also frustrating. My old F150 was awesome with voice commands. I could tell it to call someone and it confirmed the request and away it went. For navigation, it was touchier, but I could get it to work. The Ram? I'm 0 for 5 on attempts to voice navigate.

grimloktt

Reaction score
Found it
c881819708e1f2800c5adbc4ce366785.jpg

Ronkartz72

Reaction score
I use Waze too. It just seems that it should work as intended. I had 2 Fords with Nav before this and they worked pretty damn well. Uconnect is terrible in my opinion.

Zeeya

Reaction score
My 2011 explorer is light years ahead of my 2019 ram voice control. Check this out...

I find certain names I can't get it to comprehend.. LOL, try to get it to recognize "Boudreaux" ........

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If Siri, Alexa, Google, etc can understand simple commands today, you'd think that the Ram system would understand basic commands.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If Siri, Alexa, Google, etc can understand simple commands today, you'd think that the Ram system would understand basic commands.
I tried mine today and it worked flawlessly .
Pressed the voice button said “ navigate “
then said the address and it came up almost instantly .

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online