5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Voice command for nav.

bcalds

Reaction score
I know this probably sounds dumb. But how do you use the voice command for navigation. Is there a certain way I need to ask yo get directions ? Sometimes I get it to work. Other times no such luck. Seems to be very finicky in what it excepts for commands. TIA!

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I know this probably sounds dumb. But how do you use the voice command for navigation. Is there a certain way I need to ask yo get directions ? Sometimes I get it to work. Other times no such luck. Seems to be very finicky in what it excepts for commands. TIA!
I have a heavy West Texas accent, and I’ve found that it understands me better if I yodel the commands.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
UC4 or UC5?

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
This will sound sarcastic but if you have an iPhone connected through Carplay, try long press of speak button, then "Navigate to <insert anything here>". The maps in your truck are out of date and the voice commands, as you have found out, don't get recognized a lot of the time. At least that's my experience. Seems like phone commands work pretty well though through Uconnect.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
This will sound sarcastic but if you have an iPhone connected through Carplay, try long press of speak button, then "Navigate to <insert anything here>". The maps in your truck are out of date and the voice commands, as you have found out, don't get recognized a lot of the time. At least that's my experience. Seems like phone commands work pretty well though through Uconnect.
That's why I asked UC4 or 5. UC5 has hands free voice activated. You don't push any buttons. He has no truck info.

Users who are viewing this thread