5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vland headlights hyperflash

rasko

Reaction score
Installed some Vland headlights on my 2019 bighorn last weekend. I got everything working fine aside from the blinkers. If they sit on for more than 10-15 seconds, they stop working and the truck tells me I have a blinker out. When that happens, I get the "hyperflash" as I've seen it called. Apparently it happens when you transition from halogens to LED, and apparently there is a flash relay that supposedly fixes it. I cannot find a relay that fits the 2019 big horn.

Does anyone else have a solution for this?

Edit: I called napa, oreily, AutoZone, and advanced auto. None of them had a flasher relay that was compatible with the 19 bighorn. Google brings me to some random relays but when I put my vehicle info in, it says it won't fit.

Last edited:

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It will allow you to change settings to your BCM. I'm no expert, but I've used it for a few tweaks like changing my drls from low beams to parking lights.

I believe you have to tell your truck your running leds. There's a sticky thread on Alfa. It will tell you what you need to purchase and how to do it.

rasko

Reaction score
It will allow you to change settings to your BCM. I'm no expert, but I've used it for a few tweaks like changing my drls from low beams to parking lights.

I believe you have to tell your truck your running leds. There's a sticky thread on Alfa. It will tell you what you need to purchase and how to do it.
Do you need any special cable to connect it to the trucks?

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Interesting…Wonder how different a 2019 is from a 2021. I went from halogens to the Vlands without any need to update the BCM. Pretty much plug and play and have not had any issues with hyperflashing. Hope you figure it out. I have been very happy with the fixtures. July would make one year installed.

rasko

Reaction score
Interesting…Wonder how different a 2019 is from a 2021. I went from halogens to the Vlands without any need to update the BCM. Pretty much plug and play and have not had any issues with hyperflashing. Hope you figure it out. I have been very happy with the fixtures. July would make one year installed.
Were you able to plug your blinker wiring into the headlights on the 2021? I had to leave my factory wiring that connected to the blinker on the halogens disconnected as it didn't fit into the vland plug.

Which fuse did you plug yours into? I used F38 I think.

I've never had an issue with plug and play stuff so I'm wondering if they're defective.

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Were you able to plug your blinker wiring into the headlights on the 2021? I had to leave my factory wiring that connected to the blinker on the halogens disconnected as it didn't fit into the vland plug.

Which fuse did you plug yours into? I used F38 I think.

I've never had an issue with plug and play stuff so I'm wondering if they're defective.
It’s been a minute, but from what I remember of the install, the VLand’s plugged into the main OEM harness only, the side marker harnesses went unused. Pretty sure I used F38 with the fuse tap, but don’t have a ready pic on hand to remember for sure. This thread was helpful in my install.

Ramrod466

Reaction score
When you installed your Vland lights, did you use F38 to tap? Do you need 2 fuses in the tap or only one on the upper area of the tap? I am wanting to install this weekend and never used a tap before.

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When you installed your Vland lights, did you use F38 to tap? Do you need 2 fuses in the tap or only one on the upper area of the tap? I am wanting to install this weekend and never used a tap before.
Yes, F38. You will need two fuses. The Vland fuse should be the outboard position and not the tap position.
Hope this helps....good luck brother👍

Users who are viewing this thread