5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vitesse vs. Pedal Commander

Ranger482

Reaction score
I installed mine yesterday. I didn’t feel much difference at 3-4, I’m floating between 5-6.
Def nice addition for $160.
Agree, well worth the price.
I'm going to take her out again today and play around with settings. I'll give 5 and 6 some time too.

Ranger482

Reaction score
I installed mine yesterday. I didn’t feel much difference at 3-4, I’m floating between 5-6.
Def nice addition for $160.
I didn't see which gears you have. I have the 3.92s. Just curious if you have 3.21 or 3.92? Thanks.

Tellsch

Reaction score
I've read on a Corvette forum where Vitesse said that sp5 is pretty much a 1 to 1 correlation. Meaning, if the pedal is pushed 50 percent, the throttle opens 50 percent. I moved down to sp4 and it seems to be the sweet spot. Sometimes on sp5 or higher it forces a downshift when I don't want it to. Still playing with it, but so far so good!

Wheeler

Reaction score
Agree, well worth the price.
I'm going to take her out again today and play around with settings. I'll give 5 and 6 some time too.
3.92 SP5 is pretty much equivalent to 3.21 sp7. Above sp7 with 3.21 I do spin tires almost every stop light
I do keep at 5 in stop and go sp7 at hwy

ny2az

Reaction score
Rec'd my Vitesse on Thursday ... installed in 5 minutes ... have it set at SP5 ... very noticable at this setting ... mounted out of sight but reachable while driving ... great price and l'm sure works just as good as the more expensive units .... completely happy w/ Vitesse...

DesertRebel

Reaction score
Where are you guys mounting pc or vetisse.
Here is mine. I did move little upward right next to bezel. Please share your ideas.
For now I just tuck PC in the pocket on driver-side of center console... Initially I intended it to be temporary - but its completely out of the way and I forget its there, unless I want to change settings (which has been very infrequent). I'll likely leave it there.

Ranger482

Reaction score
3.92 SP5 is pretty much equivalent to 3.21 sp7. Above sp7 with 3.21 I do spin tires almost every stop light
I do keep at 5 in stop and go sp7 at hwy
With my 3:92s I think I'll keep it on 3-4. I took it out again yesterday and those seem to be the sweet spot for me.
You have 9 sport and 9 economy settings so there is a setting for everyone's individual taste and situation. Enjoy it!

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How does the connector unplug from the accelerator, do not see any tabs to press in on?

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

ny2az

Reaction score
How does the connector unplug from the accelerator, do not see any tabs to press in on?

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
there is no push in tab,... there is a pull out tab,...it may be red or tan/brown in color...you need to pull this out and lift as you do so...if you have the new vitesse unit or the pedal commander...look at the connectors on the unit as a guide ...

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
there is no push in tab,... there is a pull out tab,...it may be red or tan/brown in color...you need to pull this out and lift as you do so...if you have the new vitesse unit or the pedal commander...look at the connectors on the unit as a guide ...
Got it! Thank you.

ramiam

Reaction score
I believe vitesse has the rotary dial vs the many buttons on pedal commander. Plus, the cost of $300 for pc vs $170 range for vitesse. Vitesse is made in USA afaik and pedal commander is made in Turkey. I went with a third controller for my truck. It was half the cost of pedal commander, drastically improved throttle response and was MUCH simpler to use. It was also much cheaper than a tune and requires no calibration, just plug and play. Vitesse does require a calibration routine I believe. https://www.sawyertuning.com/?s=accelerator

AmericanRebelution

Reaction score
Love my iDrive. I have one in my Jeep Wrangler as well. I can't directly compare to Vitesse or PC, as I have no personal experience with either of those. I suspect that the driving experience is similar from all of these products. I really enjoy being able to adjust throttle response - using the "performance" modes for some spirited driving is great and the "eco" modes work well for me when towing or hauling so the throttle isn't touchy.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have Vitesse on my current truck. I had a PC on my previous truck. I'm happy with the Vitesse and the extra $130 I saved by not buying the PC. I also like the simplicity of just turning a knob to change settings. I always had to look at the PC when changing settings. Which was annoying and unsafe while driving. I recommend the Vitesse, and it looks like it's currently on sale on the Vitesse Motorsports website for $159.

SWFLRebel

Reaction score
Installed my vitesse controller, gave me a check engine light. Anyone have any ideas why this might’ve happened?
Gonna try taking it off and re-installing again to see if that does anything.

ny2az

Reaction score
Installed my vitesse controller, gave me a check engine light. Anyone have any ideas why this might’ve happened?
Gonna try taking it off and re-installing again to see if that does anything.
first time install, this is normal ... will cycle off after about 5-6 starts ... did the same on mine as well and when l called vitesse... that's what they told me ...

Users who are viewing this thread