5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vinyl Wrapped Top Chrome Piece Above Grill

Marky Mark

Reaction score
Since I bought the truck, always thought that very top piece looked like a bug deflector. Not wanting to de-chrome whole front and rear as I think truck looks more beefier with chrome grill & bumpers.

So I had it wrapped in gloss black. I like it mucho better now.

Attachments

• 20191110_185640.jpg
    20191110_185640.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 217

jaydeebee24

Reaction score
Could we get a picture from the front whenever you a chance? Been trying to figure out how to tackle some of the chrome up front as well.

Marky Mark

Reaction score
Could we get a picture from the front whenever you a chance? Been trying to figure out how to tackle some of the chrome up front as well.
Check out the post right below yours. Looks sweet! And I have that RAM back-lit on order too :)

Marky Mark

Reaction score
Nice, I personally went and purchase a new appliqué and had that painted Billet silver to match my Sport hood. View attachment 39667
Sweet brother! I think I am going to go the same route eventually. I was hoping it would come color-matched already from dealer, but no dice. Have to paint as you did yours.

pensfan

Reaction score
The body color brow looks so much better than what we were given with this truck. The brow is the worse design element of the DT followed by the hood badges.
The brow is the in your face front end look they gave us instead of the easily recognizable cross hairs that were the signature of the Ram front end for 25 years.
The Photoshop pics attached were done by someone on another site when the new Ram was first introduced. It sure looks a lot better without the brow. Even the red Mopar custom truck with just a slight tweak to the front removing the inner grill top looks 100% better. ram10.jpg Ramgrille1083927.jpg 2019 ram brow.jpg

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
This is where I got it from and if you’re handy and patient it’s not too difficult.

Users who are viewing this thread