5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vinyl Wrap Badges and Mirrors

st102688

Reaction score
I've done some looking but cant seem to find exactly what I'm looking for. Is there any place that color matches vinyl? I'd like to closely match my wheels but haven't found something close enough (I'd rather be spot on or use a completely different complementary color). I'm still undecided on the mirrors, might just get some matte vinyl or use a gunmetal-ish color so not to go overboard with the color. I know nothing when it comes to vinyl - any insight into what's durable vs. not, easy to apply vs. more challenging, etc. would be much appreciated too!

I tried to include a picture that shows the wheel color in both the sun and shade.

1627664354611.png

Thanks,
Steve

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I'd probably take it to a local shop that does vinyl wrap and see what they might have to offer. Are you planning to try to wrap the mirrors and badges yourself? If so, be sure you buy extra vinyl LOL.

On a personal note, I love your wheel color. But I'd avoid matching the badges and mirrors to them. Kind of reminds me of older Honda's and their gold badges. I'd probably go with black badges, or shave them entirely. Either way, hope you find what you're looking for. (y)

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here is the color chart of all of the options available for the 1080 wrap.

The Copper Metallic M220 looks pretty close.

st102688

Reaction score
I'd probably take it to a local shop that does vinyl wrap and see what they might have to offer. Are you planning to try to wrap the mirrors and badges yourself? If so, be sure you buy extra vinyl LOL.

On a personal note, I love your wheel color. But I'd avoid matching the badges and mirrors to them. Kind of reminds me of older Honda's and their gold badges. I'd probably go with black badges, or shave them entirely. Either way, hope you find what you're looking for. (y)

I was / am planning on doing it myself. If it turns out terribly, I'll just take it to someone and have them do it. I always like to try something once though! You do bring up a good point and likely are on the same track I was about the mirrors. I think your message was all I needed to get myself off of the color matching thing! A gunmetal / dark gray is likely the path I'll go. We'll see!

Here is the color chart of all of the options available for the 1080 wrap.

The Copper Metallic M220 looks pretty close.

Is the 3M 1080 generally the wrap of choice? This will likely be a dumb question, but what does it offer vs other competing types of wraps?

Users who are viewing this thread