5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vinyl Seat ripped

BC2000

Reaction score
My driver side seat appeares to be ripping. Still under warranty and dealer won't fix. Said it needs to rip more. Don't know what to do. Anyone else have this issue. I take care of my stuff. Not from being negligent. 1000010839.jpg

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My driver side seat appeares to be ripping. Still under warranty and dealer won't fix. Said it needs to rip more. Don't know what to do. Anyone else have this issue. I take care of my stuff. Not from being negligent. View attachment 175921

Not uncommon, I've seen them literally cut clean where the plastic base trim touches the vinyl. I think your issue is the stitching is expanding?

It's not quite bad enough in that case, I'm sure you will get there, how long before your limited warranty runs out?

BC2000

Reaction score
Not uncommon, I've seen them literally cut clean where the plastic base trim touches the vinyl. I think your issue is the stitching is expanding?

It's not quite bad enough in that case, I'm sure you will get there, how long before your limited warranty runs out?
Got about 10k in mileage or 1 year left of the 3 year for warranty. Didn't like their response of wait and see. I've had a number of other issues. This just adds to it. Seems like I'll get stuck with the fix once warranty expires.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Very common, as much I as like the seat design I ripped that sh!t out and replaced with Katzkin.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

BC2000

Reaction score
Right on, sounds like the dealer is going to submit it as a warranty claim. They took a little bit of convincing. See how it plays out.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Right on, sounds like the dealer is going to submit it as a warranty claim. They took a little bit of convincing. See how it plays out.

Thats how they operate, probably get the agh okay from 80% of their customers and off they go. You gotta raise hell sometimes when you’re in the right… a defect is a defect when it’s under a warranty that covers that.!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They took pictures and submitted? Seat covers have to be authorized before repair.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Got about 10k in mileage or 1 year left of the 3 year for warranty. Didn't like their response of wait and see. I've had a number of other issues. This just adds to it. Seems like I'll get stuck with the fix once warranty expires.
Get it in writing that they would cover it under warranty.
Give it a month or 2 and rip it if you have it in writing it would be a covered part...

Users who are viewing this thread