5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VIN

ponypride

Reaction score
I put in an order for a RAM with the Etorque engine exactly 2 weeks ago and do not yet have a VIN. The dealer said this usually takes 2-4 weeks. Can anyone comment on their experience and if what I was told is reasonable?

ryelinek

Reaction score
I put in an order for a RAM with the Etorque engine exactly 2 weeks ago and do not yet have a VIN. The dealer said this usually takes 2-4 weeks. Can anyone comment on their experience and if what I was told is reasonable?

I had my VON same day as my order and my VIN by that Monday which was 2 days later.

2-4 weeks doesn’t seem right at all.

ponypride

Reaction score
This is for a vehicle being built from scratch. Doesn't the VIN corespond to the option she on the truck? I am getting a little nervous.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have seen numerous members on here recieve their VIN numbers within the 1st week of ordering the truck.

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I would be a little troubled if FCA hadn't registered my order with a VIN 2 weeks in...

RAM 4times

Reaction score
ordered on 4-11, vin on 4-12.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sounds fishy. Do you have any paper work to prove you have an order? You should have a sales order with a VON from your salesman, or he didn't place your order.

Users who are viewing this thread