5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Video: We drive the 2019 Ram 1500 V6 and V8 eTorque

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
This will be going live on the main page tomorrow morning, but I thought I would share it with our forum members first.

Watch the 0-50 MPH comparison between the V6 eTorque and Hemi eTorque

We recently got the chance to drive the 2019 Ram 1500 equipped with both the V6 and V8 engines with the eTorque mild hybrid system. Our short video from the event is down below and includes a 0-50 MPH comparison between the eTorque V6 and eTorque Hemi V8. To read our first drive impressions from the event, click here.

Stay tuned to 5thGenRams for all the latest news and information including the EPA ratings for the eTorque V6 as they become available.

unxpctd

Reaction score
Great review...thank you.

Saw this...thankfully: "The start/stop is defeatable via a handy button mounted near the 4×4 controls. "

I don't do much driving in traffic and can't see the start/stop making that much of a difference overall...although I will say I haven't driven one yet so I'll give it its due...while I love the idea of the eTorque...the start/stop leaves makes me worry.

Just my thoughts.

scottahaire

Reaction score
I wonder why Ram only lets the press test drives the e-torque with the 3.21 and not 3.92

4sallypat

Reaction score
Great video showing off the V6 which I have not seen yet.
Have only test driven a V8.

Unless there is an overwhelming need to get a V8, I'd opt for the V6 as I drive daily traffic situations.
Being a newcomer, I don't like the fact that you have to pay extra for the V8 and extra on top of that for eTorque.
That's a $2500 premium they place on the combo.
I think the V8 should "standard" with the eTorque optional IMO....

The "standard" V6 with eTorque is what I will wait for.....

Users who are viewing this thread