5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Video for in-depth look at the Ram in nice lighting (with Offroad Package!)

BostonBlueRam

Reaction score

Nice high resolution video of the Silver Ram Model with and without off road package made by RAM. It has some nice looks and brief details on certain aspects of the design.

- Nice look at the Silver Laramie Ram models in good light condition for anyone thinking about this color
- A brief but good resolution look at the Silver Laramie with Offroad Package:
and other places in the video..
- some detail on lighting options ON and OFF

Enjoy!

Mopar21222

Reaction score
Good video, 1st Off-Road package vid I've seen yet. That one is similar to the truck I'm going to order, except I can't justify the $$$ of the Laramie over the Big Horn, as I'm in the Site Engineering profession and am always in and out of sites. As I suspected, the tire sidewalls are too small with the additional lift, the 60 aspect ratio vs 55 would fill the wheel wells better.

My plan is to order with base 18s and swap-in the awesome looking Rebel wheels with 33" tires, black rebel fender flares and black running boards, should be killer with the awesome Billet Silver!

BostonBlueRam

Reaction score
I still cant believe with all the info that FCA has released on this truck that there is no mention that the tow mirrors negate the 360 feature. Man , starting to t hink they are deliberately downplaying that.

But the video does a nice job of giving a nicer look at the car interior and exterior from many angles..

D

Deleted member103

One piece of info I get out of the video is with "Etorque we expect an extra 2 mpg"

Yup, I've been praising that point a lot in regard to the V6/eTorque . . . but now I'm wondering if those extra 2mpg's are simp;y coming because of the stop/start system -- you know, even though the engine is temporarily off, everything else is ON & the Computer is registering mpg's as though your in the truck heading on down the road ! ? ? ? Have no idea on that weird thought, but I thought it, so wanted to see how "weird" others thought I was, Ha ! Figuratively Speaking of course . . . :rolleyes: :D

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
One piece of info I get out of the video is with "Etorque we expect an extra 2 mpg"
I've seen that in two places on the internet now (this video and one other review). I don't know if that's their own assumption based on FCA reps projecting "at least 10%", or if the EPA testing has been completed. Very interested to see official numbers.

D

Deleted member103

I've seen that in two places on the internet now (this video and one other review). I don't know if that's their own assumption based on FCA reps projecting "at least 10%", or if the EPA testing has been completed. Very interested to see official numbers.

We've covered this before, but worth the "rematch" -- I too will be anticipating those numbers, and still be wondering "Where They Come From" ! 1st thing I do will be to always turn off start/stop just for curiosity sake, just for a week or so ! Then USE it as intended & hope it works "as intended," NOT how it doesn't in its current form -- i.e.; my 2016 G.C. ! :)

FLG8R

Reaction score
We've covered this before, but worth the "rematch" -- I too will be anticipating those numbers, and still be wondering "Where They Come From" ! 1st thing I do will be to always turn off start/stop just for curiosity sake, just for a week or so ! Then USE it as intended & hope it works "as intended," NOT how it doesn't in its current form -- i.e.; my 2016 G.C. ! :)
Interesting you mention your 2016 GC. I have a 2016 Ram Sport Reg Cab and a 2017 Grand Cherokee and hate the heck out of that stop/start system. I'd be stopped at a light and look down and see 0 RPM reading and think it stalled then immediately press the start button like an idiot. Pushing that little defeat button became too easy to forget with each startup so I opened the hood, pulled the hood safety plunger switch (layed it on its side and attached it to the hood cable) and now all I have to put up with is a little idiot light.

D

Deleted member103

Interesting you mention your 2016 GC. I have a 2016 Ram Sport Reg Cab and a 2017 Grand Cherokee and hate the heck out of that stop/start system. I'd be stopped at a light and look down and see 0 RPM reading and think it stalled then immediately press the start button like an idiot. Pushing that little defeat button became too easy to forget with each startup so I opened the hood, pulled the hood safety plunger switch (layed it on its side and attached it to the hood cable) and now all I have to put up with is a little idiot light.

Interesting idea ! ? I don't need to do any of that or look at an "idiot" light . . . mine just doesn't want to work AT ALL, period ! SO, my frustration with the Dealership "mechanic" and the constant "rebooting" B.S. has now just turned me 180degrees into a mellow "who-cares-anymore" person ! As long as I'm getting the prescribed 18 / 24 mpg's I'm "OK" -- and currently I'm getting an average of 18.7 / 26, so what's not to be positive about ? When I trade or sell for the DT later in the year it will be someone else "issue" ! And My Conscience will NOT bother me . . ., !

Users who are viewing this thread