5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Video - Canucks and Trucks F-150 Limited vs. Ram

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Very fair review/comparison between the F-150 Limited and Ram Limited. He awards the luxury win to the Ram as is fair but he does tackle two issues with the Ram Limited he drove:
11:30 - Rear brake assist slamming on the brakes for a dandelion
12:43 - Autopark being a little too intrusive

Avid6eek

Reaction score
I found it to be a fair review. I am going to be a little jealous when the F-150 Limited gets the H.O. 3.5L from the Raptor. RAM needs to offer a larger Hemi the 1500. Maybe the mid-cycle refresh will update the RAM powertrains.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I assume the Limited is heavier than the Raptor and will have even worse MPG?

Phoon

Reaction score
I would think the Raptor is heavier than the limited. The big tires, HD suspension and off road flares etc are all likely to add weight. The limited F150 should be very fast, it is definitly no match for the limited Ram as far as ride quality and interior however. It feels like a normal truck with nice leather seats, where the Ram feels like a high end luxury car throughout.

Desert Dawg

Reaction score
Great review actually...I have owned a large number of Fords (F150s and F250s) for a reason over the years and had a couple of the EcoBoosts as well that made the trucks fun to drive. But also had several Dodge/Ram 1500s and 2500s in the past too that seemed to raise the bar each time. I still like the F150 but I agree with the reviewer that the new Ram tops it overall (although I do wish for more power from the Hemi). Will be interesting to see how the new F150 refresh compares to Ram's recent redo espcially if Ford throws in the Raptor engine!

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Very fair review/comparison between the F-150 Limited and Ram Limited. He awards the luxury win to the Ram as is fair but he does tackle two issues with the Ram Limited he drove:
11:30 - Rear brake assist slamming on the brakes for a dandelion
12:43 - Autopark being a little too intrusive

There is now a service bulletin issued for the 2019 Ram 1500 to address the problem of over sensitive rear parking brake when backing.

Best regards,
Dusty

2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Now at: 001991 miles.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good review... the F150 seats may be a tad more comfortable, but man, that F150 interior looks like a Xbox exploded on the dash and the rest looks like goalie pads. Ram has my money for the foreseeable future, unless I start having problems like the Limited and Laramie owners.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good review... the F150 seats may be a tad more comfortable, but man, that F150 interior looks like a Xbox exploded on the dash and the rest looks like goalie pads. Ram has my money for the foreseeable future, unless I start having problems like the Limited and Laramie owners.
The interior of the F-150 looks like crap going to be honest. I wouldn't spend hardly any money for an interior like that.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score

A little over a week ago an acquaintance of mine insisted that I ride in his new F-150 Platinum to get a sense of "what a real truck is like." Needless to say I did not judge the seats to be as comfortable as the bench seating in my 2019 Laramie. And neither did he after he rode in my Laramie. In fact, he was rather silent on the entire ride. I will also echo the comments of many others when it comes to the interior. The cost of going to an all aluminum body, and by extension everything else that needed to change because of it (not including all new tooling), likely meant they had to control budget in other areas in order to stay competitive in pricing. The F-150 is not a bad truck, but when it comes to appointment and interior specifically, they are significantly behind.

As an aside this fellow's wife wanted a ride in my Laramie after she saw the interior (mine is in the Mountain brown). She really heaped the accolades in the entire truck, especially the ride, look, and comfort. After the ride I asked what she thought and she replied that she wasn't about to tell her husband how much better she liked the Ram.

Best regards,
Dusty

2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Now at: 001991 miles.

Users who are viewing this thread