5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vibration while driving

T_woody44

Reaction score
I just installed a 2 inch level kit on my 2020 ram 1500, I have Venom power X/Ts. I had a bad tire on my right rear and had it replaced. The issue was shaking and vibrating around 40 to 75mph. Now with my new tire I'm still getting the same vibrations. anyone know what could be the issue? is it suspension related or should I get it road forced balanced instead of just static? I'm lost and it's not a bad shake but it's noticeable enough to drive me crazy haha.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have venoms too. Sounds like the tires may not be balanced correctly. Did they double check all of them? Also did you realign since the leveling kit?

T_woody44

Reaction score
Yeah had it realigned and balanced, when this new tire was put on last week they just did a static balance the other three are road forced. I'm going in this weekend to see if getting this last tire road forced will solve the issue.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Gotcha. Can you create a signature with your truck details? It really helps others to help you when we can see what you have.

Did you get new wheels as well, or just tires? I am thinking you could borrow a set of wheels and tires from another truck. If it still vibrates you know is suspension related.

Summerteeth

Reaction score
Hi there. Did you ever get to the root cause of your vibration. I have had new tires and rims and balances and road force balances and balances again. Can't figure this one out. Vibration at 60 mph and more. Badly.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hi there. Did you ever get to the root cause of your vibration. I have had new tires and rims and balances and road force balances and balances again. Can't figure this one out. Vibration at 60 mph and more. Badly.
As I answered in the other thread you posted in, check U-Joints, and driveshaft.

Users who are viewing this thread