5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vibration over 70

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
"The offering (off road group) includes a one-inch suspension lift with or without the available four-corner air suspension. An electronic-locking rear differential and 32-inch tires on 18- or available 20-inch wheels provide additional grip. Hill-descent Control, an offroad biased rear suspension geometry (Rebel and 4x4 Off-road Package) and unique off-road-calibrated shocks bolster trail capability. The package also includes skid plate protection (transfer case, steering, engine, and gas tank) and tow hooks."

Interesting...

Reactions: c3k

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I took my truck with 110 miles on it to a large tire shop locally. They road force checked all 4 wheels/tires. All 4 were bad. Like, real bad. I'm talking numbers well over 30 lbs of force, when a highway tire like this should be well under 20.

So now I get to begin my saga Thursday at the dealership. I'm sure they'll only want to replace the tires with the same brand, which in all likelihood could also be garbage. Sigh... this will be fun.

Wmcastillo28

Reaction score
Got my truck back yesterday after getting the front differential and front axels replaced. Zero vibration. Not saying this is the end all be all issue for all. but this was the issue for me. after $2300 in new tires/wheels to include about 4 balances, and then $4500 in new axels/differential, its finally driving like it should.

Reactions: c3k
U

User_3336

Got my truck back yesterday after getting the front differential and front axels replaced. Zero vibration. Not saying this is the end all be all issue for all. but this was the issue for me. after $2300 in new tires/wheels to include about 4 balances, and then $4500 in new axels/differential, its finally driving like it should.
For that money paid out, I would have lived with the vibration!

slatersan

Reaction score
Reading through all the threads I’m noticing a bit of a pattern.

Guys say the Rebel trucks don’t vibrate.

My 2020 North Edition with 20x9 “flower petal” wheels didn’t vibrate.

My buddy’s 2022 Backcountry doesn’t vibrate.

What do all those trucks have in common? The off-road suspension package.

Likewise, the guys with Bighorns and Laramies and no off-road suspension are the ones who have vibrations. My ’22 Laramie is the first Ram I’ve had with the shake.

Could it be that the root of the issue lies in the suspension on the non-off road trims? Shocks aren’t up to the task? Sway bar too rigid? Coils?
Laramie. No offroad stuff. No shake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online