5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vibration Issue

The Critic

Reaction score
2020 5.7 etorque, 3.21 LSD, 2WD. 5800 miles.

Just returned from a long road trip which involved driving thru states with 80 MPH speed limits. I noticed that at speeds above 80 MPH, there is a noticeable vibration that can be felt throughout the cab. I want to say that this vibration recently developed since I do not recall feeling this before, but my state only has 65 MPH speed limits so the opportunity to drive at >80 MPH speeds has been limited.

The vibration cannot be felt below 80MPH so the issue must be minor? I suspect this to be a tire issue and may require for the tires to be rebalanced (and possibly road-force balanced). Has anyone had success with getting their dealer to rebalance their tires under warranty? Owner's manual shows a 1/12K warranty on wheel balance.

brettguercio

Reaction score

Just returned from a long road trip which involved driving thru states with 80 MPH speed limits. I noticed that at speeds above 80 MPH, there is a noticeable vibration that can be felt throughout the cab. I want to say that this vibration recently developed since I do not recall feeling this before, but my state only has 65 MPH speed limits so the opportunity to drive at >80 MPH speeds has been limited.

The vibration cannot be felt below 80MPH so the issue must be minor? I suspect this to be a tire issue and may require for the tires to be rebalanced (and possibly road-force balanced). Has anyone had success with getting their dealer to rebalance their tires under warranty? Owner's manual shows a 1/12K warranty on wheel balance.
Welcome to the club and good luck getting ram to fix it

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I just took my truck on a highway trip where I was able to go 80+mph and experienced the exact same thing. It’s the first time I have been on a major highway with it since Covid hit. Prior to this I had never had an issue with vibration over 80. My truck has approximately 12,000 miles on it with the original Bridgestone Duelers.

Any suggestions or recommendations to resolve the issue? I am not as concerned about FCA covering it as I am resolving the issue.

The Critic

Reaction score
I just took my truck on a highway trip where I was able to go 80+mph and experienced the exact same thing. It’s the first time I have been on a major highway with it since Covid hit. Prior to this I had never had an issue with vibration over 80. My truck has approximately 12,000 miles on it with the original Bridgestone Duelers.

Any suggestions or recommendations to resolve the issue? I am not as concerned about FCA covering it as I am resolving the issue.
I paid Costco $25.99 to perform a tire rotation and wheel balance. The tech said the tires were "way out of balance." I have only driven the truck at highway speeds briefly, but the vibration does seem to be improved.

Reactions: MJP

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The OEM Bridgstones are made out of :poop:

Reactions: MJP

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The OEM Bridgstones are made out of :poop:
Any suggestions on new tires? I actually liked the ride of the stock Bridgestones before the vibration issue started but want to explore a better quality tire for a replacement. Any help is appreciated.

The Critic

Reaction score
Any suggestions on new tires? I actually liked the ride of the stock Bridgestones before the vibration issue started but want to explore a better quality tire for a replacement. Any help is appreciated.

Continental Terrain Contact H/T or Michelin Defender LTX M/S.

Users who are viewing this thread