5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vibration in 5th gear at low speeds

Black_Pearl

Reaction score
I am experiencing a vibration and sound when driving slowly and in 5th gear. If I’m driving slowly, kind of babying the gas, I hit 5th gear around 25 mph. If I’m holding 25 mph I feel a vibration and hear a sound if I accelerate up to about 30. It diminishes. If I’m accelerating normally or on highway speeds I don’t experience this. Seems to be related to babying accelerator at low speed and higher gear.
Any idea what this could be?

Black_Pearl

Reaction score
I am experiencing a vibration and sound when driving slowly and in 5th gear. If I’m driving slowly, kind of babying the gas, I hit 5th gear around 25 mph. If I’m holding 25 mph I feel a vibration and hear a sound if I accelerate up to about 30. It diminishes. If I’m accelerating normally or on highway speeds I don’t experience this. Seems to be related to babying accelerator at low speed and higher gear.
Any idea what this could be?
I feel I should also mention, as I have in another post that there is a high pitched whine on all cold starts that lasts until the truck idles down to normal idle RPM. I have reported this to my dealer along with occasional odd “bumps” that are very slight while cruising at highway speeds. They have occurred a few times and at first I chalked them up to the roadway, but it feels more like a slight slight surge or something. Even happened in cruise. Dealer dismissed this as the cruise control. I also noticed that when shifting from 1st to second gear and, again, babying the gas, you can kind of feel and also see on the tac what looks like some kind of hesitation. I have a video of the tac doing this that I sent to the service department, with no response.

Black_Pearl

Reaction score
I feel I should also mention, as I have in another post that there is a high pitched whine on all cold starts that lasts until the truck idles down to normal idle RPM. I have reported this to my dealer along with occasional odd “bumps” that are very slight while cruising at highway speeds. They have occurred a few times and at first I chalked them up to the roadway, but it feels more like a slight slight surge or something. Even happened in cruise. Dealer dismissed this as the cruise control. I also noticed that when shifting from 1st to second gear and, again, babying the gas, you can kind of feel and also see on the tac what looks like some kind of hesitation. I have a video of the tac doing this that I sent to the service department, with no response.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Hi @Black_Pearl - Please do not hesitate to follow up with us via PM on this concern. We are more than happy to learn additional details to determine how to best assist you at this point!

Mark
RamCares

Black_Pearl

Reaction score
Hi @Black_Pearl - Please do not hesitate to follow up with us via PM on this concern. We are more than happy to learn additional details to determine how to best assist you at this point!

Mark
RamCares

Thanks. Trying to make arrangements to take this in this week or next. Waiting on dealer to get loaners in.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thanks. Trying to make arrangements to take this in this week or next. Waiting on dealer to get loaners in.

Thank you for taking the time to follow up, @Black_Pearl. I certainly understand your sentiments, please be sure to keep us updated!

Mark
RamCares

Black_Pearl

Reaction score
I know it has been a while since i have posted, but I'm currently about to wrap up a buy-back due to ongoing issues with the vehicle.

Reactions: c3k

Users who are viewing this thread