5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vibration discussion @ 2019 SEMA

MBORO19RAM

Reaction score
Short video of Myles Kovacs from DUB Magazine and myself discussing causes of vibration related issues. This topic is typically usually around everything but the actual things that cause their issue and everyone tends to have a false sense of moving to the next thing that doesn’t cause their vibration. Ever hear someone say well I took it to multiple shops or the same shop “balanced” my tires multiple times with the same result. The reason they didn’t fix your issue is they more than likely were not looking at actually how to correct for it.

#1 Mounting errors happen over 60% of the time (RFV = less than 5% and can’t accurately be measured without wheel mounted to balancer correctly.)

# 2 Residual unbalance happens over 10% of the time. Most shops and techs don’t know what this is or how to correct for it.

#3 Weights or weight placement happens almost 10% of the time. Cheap weights and techs using equipment incorrectly or not having the right equipment are these reasons.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread