5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vibration at 1500-2000 RPM

liq001

Reaction score
Mine was tire related and speed dependent, nothing to do with rpms. I got new tires and problem solved
Do you have 4WD auto mode? Could you try it on that mode? It is much more noticeable. Please let me know. Thanks

liq001

Reaction score
I been hearing that a slight vibration is normal. I noticed it after filling up. Going to try 89 Oct and see if that helps.
When the temperature is low or use 4WD auto, you will notice it much more. I use 89 all the time. Nothing changed. I suspicious it is the drivetrain issue. I will try to contact ramcare to start a star case, the dealer won’t help anyway.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Do you have 4WD auto mode? Could you try it on that mode? It is much more noticeable. Please let me know. Thanks
I get some minor pulsing in 4 auto, not really a vibration. More like tugging at the steering wheel

liq001

Reaction score
I get some minor pulsing in 4 auto, not really a vibration. More like tugging at the steering wheel
Yes. That’s it. Vibration is not the right word to describe the feeling. It’s more like a phone vibrating at high frequency or pulsing as you said. You should be able to feel it on your gas pedal/ floor when climbing up a hill. Still not sure what’s going on.

C_LOS

Reaction score
Yes. That’s it. Vibration is not the right word to describe the feeling. It’s more like a phone vibrating at high frequency or pulsing as you said. You should be able to feel it on your gas pedal/ floor when climbing up a hill. Still not sure what’s going on.
Weird because I didn’t notice it on the drive home ..

Gardner

Reaction score
No. When in gear and not moving use the -/+ button on the right side of the steering wheel. I usually tap - once then ‘+’ 8x until you see 8 on the display (lower right of screen). You have to do it every time you start truck and need to be in drive but not moving. I guess you can be crawling but in 1st gear. That disables eco mode. All 8 cylinders fire all the time and seems to smooth out the engine. I notice no difference in fuel economy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do the same thing. In my case, it works when moving at any speed (2019 Longhorn 5th gen). I believe You are correct on the "no mileage difference".

Regilliwret

Reaction score
I spoke with the dealer again about the vibration issue. They are standing firm that there is no vibration issue.

First they tried to say it’s possibly the 8-to-4 cylinder deactivation that I’m feeling. I told them I don’t think it is bc when that kicks on, it’s obvious, and it happens consistently in the 1700-2100 rpm range, speed, gears, MDS on and off, doesn’t matter. To counter their argument, I told them I use the gear limiter to disable MDS every time I drive it, then they said it doesn’t disable MDS, tow/haul mode does (there is a YouTube video that proves that info is wrong). So now they’re trying to tell me that the gear limiter also does something to increase torque, which can increase vibration, and then they blamed the extra vibration on that and told me to drive it for awhile without using any additional settings (no gear limiter or tow/haul mode) and see if that helps.

So they started out blaming MDS, I told them I disable it temporarily every time I drive the truck by using the gear limiter bc a YouTube proved that it doesn’t kick on when using it (at least at the time the video was recorded), then they blamed the vibration on the gear limiting trick and said to see how things are when I don’t change anything.

The only thing I’ve noticed in the last few days is that the vibration isn’t as intense, but the vibration is still there and peaks at 2000-2200 rpm.

I’m considering test driving a 2022 Ram 1500 5.7 (no eTorque) this weekend to see if it has the issue, and maybe even a 2022 F-150 v8 to compare with (since they introduced cylinder deactivation on their v8 in 2021 IIRC).

liq001

Reaction score
I spoke with the dealer again about the vibration issue. They are standing firm that there is no vibration issue.

First they tried to say it’s possibly the 8-to-4 cylinder deactivation that I’m feeling. I told them I don’t think it is bc when that kicks on, it’s obvious, and it happens consistently in the 1700-2100 rpm range, speed, gears, MDS on and off, doesn’t matter. To counter their argument, I told them I use the gear limiter to disable MDS every time I drive it, then they said it doesn’t disable MDS, tow/haul mode does (there is a YouTube video that proves that info is wrong). So now they’re trying to tell me that the gear limiter also does something to increase torque, which can increase vibration, and then they blamed the extra vibration on that and told me to drive it for awhile without using any additional settings (no gear limiter or tow/haul mode) and see if that helps.

So they started out blaming MDS, I told them I disable it temporarily every time I drive the truck by using the gear limiter bc a YouTube proved that it doesn’t kick on when using it (at least at the time the video was recorded), then they blamed the vibration on the gear limiting trick and said to see how things are when I don’t change anything.

The only thing I’ve noticed in the last few days is that the vibration isn’t as intense, but the vibration is still there and peaks at 2000-2200 rpm.

I’m considering test driving a 2022 Ram 1500 5.7 (no eTorque) this weekend to see if it has the issue, and maybe even a 2022 F-150 v8 to compare with (since they introduced cylinder deactivation on their v8 in 2021 IIRC).

Thanks for update. I have an appointment with my dealer this week. Let’s see what they will say. I also get an issue on my digital rearview mirror, it went to black and reboot multiple times and went to unavailable finally. Also my radio sticky with S21.D5, never received any update. I believe the newest version is S23.13

liq001

Reaction score
Went to the dealer and had a technician had a test drive with. They confirmed the buzz issue, but they said it is normal for this truck and there is no fix needed.Speechless.

Regilliwret

Reaction score
Yeah, that’s why I’m hoping to test drive a 2022 this weekend to see if that’s true. The vibration only happens in a small rpm range, but it’s the rpm range I’m in 95% of the time.

Also going to have my favorite mechanic in my area check it out for a second opinion.

Such a small but annoying issue. Truck is so quiet and smooth, but I have to deal with vibration in my foot regularly.

I don’t see how technicians can’t detect it, all you have to do is go outside the rpm range, enjoy no vibrations, then go back into the rpm range and you’ll feel it. I’d honestly use tow/haul mode more to avoid that range, but shifting is just a little rougher in that mode, plus more gas. The vibration is less intense when I’m not using the gear limiter to disable MDS… but I don’t want MDS with the history of lifter issues in these trucks… on those lifters specifically, and even the Ram mechanic I was talking to when I got him one on one even mentioned the history of lifter issues.

liq001

Reaction score
Yeah, that’s why I’m hoping to test drive a 2022 this weekend to see if that’s true. The vibration only happens in a small rpm range, but it’s the rpm range I’m in 95% of the time.

Also going to have my favorite mechanic in my area check it out for a second opinion.

Such a small but annoying issue. Truck is so quiet and smooth, but I have to deal with vibration in my foot regularly.

I don’t see how technicians can’t detect it, all you have to do is go outside the rpm range, enjoy no vibrations, then go back into the rpm range and you’ll feel it. I’d honestly use tow/haul mode more to avoid that range, but shifting is just a little rougher in that mode, plus more gas. The vibration is less intense when I’m not using the gear limiter to disable MDS… but I don’t want MDS with the history of lifter issues in these trucks… on those lifters specifically, and even the Ram mechanic I was talking to when I got him one on one even mentioned the history of lifter issues.

Please let me know after you test drive another 2022. And maybe what is the your local mechanic’s thoughts. I just have limited time stay in the dealer and have a test drive. Hope FCA will able to have a recall and fix it.

CameronC3532

Reaction score
My 2022 Ram Limited is doing the same thing. I feel it most under light acceleration going up a hill. Get off the gas and it’s gone. I have a different set of rims for another limited and tires and it still does it.

liq001

Reaction score
My 2022 Ram Limited is doing the same thing. I feel it most under light acceleration going up a hill. Get off the gas and it’s gone. I have a different set of rims for another limited and tires and it still does it.
Yes, I feel the exact thing. It’s most noticeable under light acceleration going up a hill. FCA should have a recall to fix it.

Regilliwret

Reaction score

Yeah the vibration is much less noticeable for me when I’m cruising in the rpm range versus accelerating (especially uphill).

Didn’t get a chance to test drive a new Ram 1500 this weekend, but if your 2022 is doing it, I’m not even going to bother. I’ve scheduled an appointment in two weeks with my favorite mechanic for a second opinion.

CameronC3532

Reaction score
It has to be something in the drivetrain or I’m thinking a skip in the motor of some sort. Maybe even a bad mount or to stiff of a mount. I had a car with poly mounts and you could feel ever rpm.

liq001

Reaction score
Yeah the vibration is much less noticeable for me when I’m cruising in the rpm range versus accelerating (especially uphill).

Didn’t get a chance to test drive a new Ram 1500 this weekend, but if your 2022 is doing it, I’m not even going to bother. I’ve scheduled an appointment in two weeks with my favorite mechanic for a second opinion.

Please let us me if your mechanic have any thoughts to fix it. Thanks

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yes, I feel the exact thing. It’s most noticeable under light acceleration going up a hill. FCA should have a recall to fix it.
No recall will be issued unless it’s a safety hazard. The may issue a TSB tho, which is chargeable to the customer outside of warranty. Even tho it’s their screw up, doesn’t matter

CameronC3532

Reaction score
No recall will be issued unless it’s a safety hazard. The may issue a TSB tho, which is chargeable to the customer outside of warranty. Even tho it’s their screw up, doesn’t matter

I will just fix it myself as long as I know what it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online