5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vibration and sound when making slow right turn

pathogen

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 2019 Laramie 1500 4x4.

Recently, I have noticed that occasionally, when I am making a slow right turn, I can feel some slight vibration in the steering wheel and a slight sound. Then it immediately goes away. I never experience it on the left side.

I cannot reproduce it at will unfortunately.

Any idea what this might be?

Thanks!

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Are you in 4x4 auto? Could be one wheel is out of alignment.

WyoViking

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 2019 Laramie 1500 4x4.

Recently, I have noticed that occasionally, when I am making a slow right turn, I can feel some slight vibration in the steering wheel and a slight sound. Then it immediately goes away. I never experience it on the left side.

I cannot reproduce it at will unfortunately.

Any idea what this might be?

Thanks!
My Ram is currently in the garage getting this fixed. They claim it's a software update that will fix the problem. I was experiencing vibration during slow (10mph) right turns. It's a known problem that Ram created and has remedied, yet is not a recall nor covered under extended warranties or service plans. Ram isn't interested in paying to fix their own problem. So $350 out of my pocket for 2 hours of labor (1 for 20 minute diagnostic and one for 3 minute software update.) Should have it back tonight.

RogerRamjet

Reaction score
I'm getting it on both left and right hand turns - 2019 Ram - piece of **** - It will be the last American truck I purchase

Stinger19

Reaction score
I had the sound for awhile and went away after I had new tires installed. I think I will eventually have to bring it in to the dealer to have the update done in the TSB. I’ll have to wait until I can reproduce it again though. I think it happens when tires wear down just enough to cause some suspension component to rub somewhere. The stock Goodyear crap tires wore down quickly so it didn’t take long for it to happen.

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My truck does this, but only when applying the breaks and if there is a bump or uneven surface. I figured out it was the ABS activating on the rear right wheel.

Users who are viewing this thread