5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vibration @ 57-60mph

UDCentaur

Reaction score
Getting a noticeable vibration I can feel through the steering wheel. It’s seems I can pin if down to occur during the first several trips to 57-60 mph.

Goes away if you go above 65+

Thoughts?

Only 1,200 miles on it. I’m sure I won’t be able to the dealer to duplicate but I can ask at first oil change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rlc2020

Reaction score
mine just started doing this, but I have almost 25k miles now and I'm assuming it's tires being worn or unbalanced. I would have them start there, see if they will check the tire balance and alignment for you at the dealer.

U

User_3336

notagain.jpg

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not another VIBRATION thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LakesAZ

Reaction score
I had this same problem on another vehicle and once I had the tires road force balanced it went away.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Getting a noticeable vibration I can feel through the steering wheel. It’s seems I can pin if down to occur during the first several trips to 57-60 mph.

Goes away if you go above 65+

Thoughts?

Only 1,200 miles on it. I’m sure I won’t be able to the dealer to duplicate but I can ask at first oil change.

That's textbook tire imbalance symptoms. 57-60 isn't too bad.... usually it's right at 35 or 65 or whatever speed you drive frequently on your commute. You either lost a weight or you picked up some mud that hardened up.

UDCentaur

Reaction score
mine just started doing this, but I have almost 25k miles now and I'm assuming it's tires being worn or unbalanced. I would have them start there, see if they will check the tire balance and alignment for you at the dealer.

View attachment 67775

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not another VIBRATION thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had this same problem on another vehicle and once I had the tires road force balanced it went away.

That's textbook tire imbalance symptoms. 57-60 isn't too bad.... usually it's right at 35 or 65 or whatever speed you drive frequently on your commute. You either lost a weight or you picked up some mud that hardened up.

Thank you all. I will get them checked.

I added another thread due to the difference of mph and I thought the newness of the truck not having a tire issue so soon.

Users who are viewing this thread