5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vibrant mufflers

Gumpa

Reaction score
So I had a Borla Touring catback, and added a 6 x 14 round Magnaflow to it to quiet it down. Then I put ARH headers with high flow cats on and had to remove the Magnaflow. OMG it was painfully loud! I swapped out the Touring muffler for a Borla Pro XS, which did help some but it's still too loud. I want to add a second muffler but the ARH system has a 3.5" front pipe so that is limiting my options. I can put another 6 x 14 round or a 5 x 8 x14 oval Magnaflow in there, or I was looking at a 5 x 9 x 15 oval Vibrant muffler. All these are straight through. I like the Vibrant because it is 304 stainless, Magnaflow's are 409. I have heard good things about their ultra quiet resonators, but not much out there about their mufflers. Anyone ever use one? Wondering if it is as quiet as a Magnaflow.

fire_mike

Reaction score
I don't know anything about their mufflers, but I have two of their bottle style resonators on my Charger 392 (in place of mid mufflers), and the build quality is fantastic. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another vibrant product.

Gumpa

Reaction score
Thanks. The mufflers look pretty good in the pictures I've seen. I think I'm going to order one and find out!

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How do you like the ARH headers? Noticeable power increase? How was the install?

Gumpa

Reaction score
Yes it is noticeable. Also insanely loud with a Borla touring catback! Install was not that bad except for the oil dipstick issue. You need to bend the dipstick tube so it goes between the pipes. You need to install the dipstick tube and the header together, trial and error to see if it is going to fit. Not fun. I cracked my oem tube at the rib for the o-ring when I was bending it. If that would have fallen in the oil pan I'd still be working on it. Ordered another tube fedex. Totally fubar'd that one, and got another from the local dealer- he had it in stock!! Third time was the charm. Good thing they were only 28 bucks.

Gumpa

Reaction score
So I installed a Vibrant 1135 oval muffler today and it really knocked the sound level down! It is installed upstream from my Borla Pro XS muffler which replaced the Touring catback muffler. Sound levels in the cab are very livable now, even WOT. Still very throaty but much more civilized outside too. Still no drone at all. It was so loud before I was thinking I would probably have to add two mufflers in the front pipe to get it livable. Very happy now, I think I am done messing with the exhaust!

I'm beginning to think there aint no stuffing in those Borla mufflers!

Detroitmikeb

Reaction score
So I installed a Vibrant 1135 oval muffler today and it really knocked the sound level down! It is installed upstream from my Borla Pro XS muffler which replaced the Touring catback muffler. Sound levels in the cab are very livable now, even WOT. Still very throaty but much more civilized outside too. Still no drone at all. It was so loud before I was thinking I would probably have to add two mufflers in the front pipe to get it livable. Very happy now, I think I am done messing with the exhaust!

I'm beginning to think there aint no stuffing in those Borla mufflers!
Sorry this is such an old post. I’m researching the Touring. Do you think the touring with the Vibrant resonator would be a decent sound and pretty quiet inside?

Users who are viewing this thread