5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Very disappointed with Ram

Cheebie

Reaction score
Good evening,
This is my rant for FCA and with my Ram truck.
In another thread I have talked about two issues with my 2021 Built to Serve Air Force edition truck

1. Having brought my truck in with 71000 miles on it. It was diagnosed with both exhaust manifolds cracked, hense the noise at start up and loss of power.

2. A bad gas tank, which allows me to fill my complete tank in about 10 minutes at 1 station, but it takes almost 15 to 20 at others.

I got an aftermarket warranty which will cover the manifolds which I'm really happy about.

It seems though that my after market warranty will not cover the gas tank.
(I'm one level from that being covered, oh well I guess)

My biggest rant is about FCA not wanting to cover the gas tank when my dealership for which I have been extremely loyal to was not able to get covered.
From what I am told, and or, have read, is that they changed the design at one point because of the filling issue that mine is having.
The reason I am out of factory warranty is that we moved and now my commute has doubled, which caused the milage to climb more than expected at the time of getting the truck. It's a 2021....3 YEARS OLD. The milage is highway and trucks don't last forever nor should warrantys last forever. But common 3 YEARS OLD and I can hardly fill my gas tank and it just seems FCA does not give a crap about some loyal owners. I bought this truck to pay respect and honor the Armed Forces particularly the Air Force in which my dad served in. Otherwise I would have kept my 2014 which I was very happy with.

Sorry for the big rant, I just want to inform 3 YEAR OLD TRUCK!!!!!!!
THANKS RAM

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Good evening,
In another thread I have talked about two issues with my 2021 Built to Serve Air Force edition truck

1. Having brought my truck in with 71000 miles on it. It was diagnosed with both exhaust manifolds cracked, hense the noise at start up and loss of power.

2. A bad gas tank, which allows me to fill my complete tank in about 10 minutes at 1 station, but it takes almost 15 to 20 at others.

I got an aftermarket warranty which will cover the manifolds which I'm really happy about.

My biggest rant is about FCA not wanting to cover the gas tank when my dealership for which I have been extremely loyal to was not able to get covered.
From what I am told, and or, have read, is that they changed the design at one point because of the filling issue that mine is having.
The reason I am out of factory warranty is that we moved and now my commute has doubled, which caused the milage to climb more than expected at the time of getting the truck. It's a 2021....3 YEARS OLD. The milage is highway and trucks don't last forever nor should warrantys last forever. But common 3 YEARS OLD and I can hardly fill my gas tank and it just seems FCA does not give a crap about some loyal owners. I bought this truck to pay respect and honor the Armed Forces particularly the Air Force in which my dad served in. Otherwise I would have kept my 2014 which I was very happy with.

THANKS RAM

Are you talking about the issue where when filling your tank, it causes the pump to click off before its finished?

If so, mine does that too, I put the nozzle in straight, then when its in I turn the handle all the way to the right so that the hose is pointing towards the rear of the truck. Then pull the handle and let it rip.

Works like a charm every time.

Some guys have success pointing the handle towards the front of the truck, anything other than letting it hang straight down.

Cheebie

Reaction score
It used to work just like that, but not anymore. I have one station that let's me fill like that, but 95% of all others, it takes forever. Not fun in 20° f weather

sblack33741

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Good evening,

THANKS RAM
I saw a post by someone else having difficulty filling up and it was not the tank. I will look for you.

sblack33741

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Good evening,

THANKS RAM
I also saw it could be either an obstruction or an EVAP issue as well.

vincentw56

Reaction score
The issue with the gas tank can be user error. If you fill it up until it clicks then keep doing it, you can cause gas to go into the vent tube. Many people have had issues with that. You can remove the filler tub and drain it. And I'm not saying you did that, just that it is a common thing. Maybe the previous owner did and there is some gas in there.

Cheebie

Reaction score
Thanks for the info on filling, I don't remember ever doing that, I have had truck since new

irishwake63

Reaction score
The issue with the gas tank can be user error. If you fill it up until it clicks then keep doing it, you can cause gas to go into the vent tube. Many people have had issues with that. You can remove the filler tub and drain it. And I'm not saying you did that, just that it is a common thing. Maybe the previous owner did and there is some gas in there.
Its still due to the design of the fill tube

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
71k miles and the manifolds and gas tank are your only issue isn't bad. The tank filling is can be caused by several different things. Mine was doing that, and it was the vapor canister on top of the gas tank. Was a $600 repair. My dealer did a one time courtesy fix for me on it, since it was just outside of warranty. Sounds like you should have taken in it sooner if it's been doing it for a while.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Maybe disconnect the charcoal canister from the tank and try to fill up? It will throw a code eventually if you leave it that way tho

Cheebie

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments and suggestions, the tech said that the roll over valve is the problem, so, a new tank it is.

Cheebie

Reaction score
With knowing that, and it a molded unservicable part and the new design of the tank, and with how many are going to pot. Why doesn't Ram take care of this? Could it not be a danger if I was in an accident and rolled over??? Idk

My rant may help someone some day

vincentw56

Reaction score
With knowing that, and it a molded unservicable part and the new design of the tank, and with how many are going to pot. Why doesn't Ram take care of this? Could it not be a danger if I was in an accident and rolled over??? Idk

Probably won't do anything unless the NHTSA gets involved.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

If the rollover valve is stuck closed, it ain't letting fuel out in a rollover.

Cheebie

Reaction score
You got a valid point there,

How about if I just say it's defective, and in case of a roll over it may or may not do its job.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score

If people haven’t been injured or died because of it, they won’t issue a recall or do anything

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score

because stellantis only cares about making money.
"$39.491 million

The 2023 pay package for the CEO of Stellantis NV totaled $39.491 million (36.494 million euro) in direct compensation, non-vested stock grants and other benefits, following a record year for the company."

Users who are viewing this thread