5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ventilated seats

Daverous

Reaction score
Good to hear.

The 360 has a dedicated thread too. You can absolutely add them. I and many others have done so. Check out @vincentw56 how to and the corresponding notes for different features and years.

mjdrebel

Reaction score
Daverous can you confirm you got your ventilated seats to work via AlphaOBD and just programming?

Please can you confirm all I needed to do was install both the GT seats. The heated seats are working and I plan on working on AlphaOBD programming tomorrow.

any advice and directions would be greatly appreciated.

Daverous

Reaction score
Lots of info in here. Think I recall listing my alfaobd changes.

mjdrebel

Reaction score
I had to add two things in my config via AlphaOBD:

STEP 1 - First I changed ECUConfig 3: Front Ventilated Seats Present - YES

The vented seats showed up in the 12" screen but would not do anything as previously discussed by others. So I moved onto STEP 2.

STEP 2 - Second - Memory: Front Vented Seats Present - YES

Restarted car.

SUCCESS

The key is to do STEP 1 and wait until the option for vented seats comes up in screen.

I am so pumped. It is exhausting reading all the information so I hope this helps.

I know have a 2021 Ram Rebel with Laramie GT Seats with ventilated seats.

Now onto the daunting prospect of adding 360.

mjdrebel

Reaction score
Damn - overnight my vented seats via 12" screen option has disappeared. Clear to me I need to just need to reactivate first and jsut change that first.

It clearly must take time for ECU to totally update.

Daverous

Reaction score
The radio csm does take time to update, or alternatively run a radio ecu reset two times via alfa. Sometimes if you make a change and don't give it a moment, you'll end up removing that change messing around with settings. Everything in these trucks is linked via bus, have to give them an opportunity to talk with each other.

mjdrebel

Reaction score
Good news the vented seats came back.

Really weird.

PATIENCE IS THE KEY!!!

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Along the lines of ventilated seats....

Mine had them from the factory. But I've noticed over the last year that sometimes I can feel the air flowing out really well, other times it doesn't even feel like they are on. Sometimes during a drive it'll alternate between blowing hard and feeling like it's off. This is with the button set to high the entire time.

Anybody else notice this? Is it normal?

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've had many vehicles with vented seats and IMO how well you feel the effect depends on any number of factors (clothing type, sweat, air temp, humidity). I'm sure the fans always work, but effectiveness varies on any given day.

amfarrell17

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Rebel and am trying to figure out best options to add ventilated seats. I've been looking at the Sanctum Seat Ventilation System from leatherseats.com (Sanctum Seat Ventilation System - LeatherSeats.com). I reached out to them to make sure it was compatible which it is, but they did say I needed to make sure "Seat covers for a seat ventilation application need an open-cell (reticulated) backing foam sewn to the backside of the perforated upholstery instead of closed-cell foam."

Does anyone know if the Rebel seats have open-cell foam or the closed-cell?

Roddog2220

Reaction score
FWIW, I picked up my Rebel GT yesterday with ventilated seats and they felt absolutely awesome... after an hour in the seat, I remembered to turn it on, and it cooled everything down.
i looked at one, loved it, how much off sticker did you get yours? this one was about 10% off

PSM2021

Reaction score
Great posts. I have a 2021 Rebel 5.7L, Uconnect3 with the 5” screen. I have the black rebel seats with leather trim. It looks like the HVAC “Auto” wiring is there less the temp sensor. I am not sure about the heated seats though. If I switch to the 8.4” OEM display and compatible HVAC bezel I want to make sure all the physical and touchscreen buttons will work. Can someone provide me some guidance on what else I might need? Is there a way I can determine if the seats are pre wired for heated seats (not ventilated)?

Users who are viewing this thread