5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vent Temperature Calibration/Air Temp Sensor?

tac63

Reaction score
Good Morning All,

As with many on the forum I have the same AC doesn't get cold issue, and have read the many threads, just need to bring the truck into the dealer. Getting into the dealer is a major pain so I am trying to get all my warranty issues together for when I take it in. However this thread may be something different.

Not sure if anyone else has issues with their "Auto" mode not really working but mine is horrible. If its 15F outside and it's set on 80 interior, sometimes it blows cold (25% of the time). If its 80F outside and set to 60F most of the time nothing comes out of the vents and the defrost/floor blows warm (80% of the time). Usually I have to take the truck off "Auto" and use the modes and vent speed with temperature to try and get air out the vents. However as I recently have started doing this often, I noticed that the vent air temp is always way higher than it should be. So today I threw my air temp probe in the vent to see what it showed. My truck has been set on 63F for a few days (because 63F is way warmer than it should be) and today I drove the truck for 20+ minutes on the highway, let the probe sit in the vent the whole time and left the settings on 63F vent to see what my reading would be. I figured it wouldn't be exact but didn't expect what I got.... I attached pictures of the screen with settings as well as the temp meter. The air coming out of the vents when set to 63F is 92-94F!!! This is with the outside air temp at 37F and rain/snowing.
Wrong Vent Temp.jpg Vent Temp.JPG

I had already tested the AC a month or so back to see how cold it would get and with 35F exterior, the AC on MAX AC, and lowest temp (high or low blower speed) the vent temp is 65F. So I know there is an AC problem I need warranty work for, but was curious if my vent temp sensor could need calibration since this problem is even more apparent with the AC off?

Warm AC Settings.jpg Warm AC Gauge.jpg

Any thoughts or other experiences like mine where the vent temp (non-AC) is way higher than it should be?

Thanks

• Wow
Reactions: c3k

redneck

Reaction score
i know if you have it set at 63 it will put out hot or cold air til the cabin gets to 63 it doesnt mean it will blow 63. in my gmc truck i would set the temp at 70 but it was 96 outside the air blowing out the vents were 43 not 70

Users who are viewing this thread