5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vent only vs AC

Glenn141

Reaction score
Sometimes when I just want fresh air thru the cabin I turn the fan speed on 1 or 2 and get ice cold AC? no ac lights are on but it is blowing too cold to be outside air? What am I doing wrong.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Check to see if the AC compressor is engaged. Might be an issue with the indicator light on the knob

RainDesert

Reaction score
I have the opposite problem, when I vent for fresh air I get some heat. The HVAC system is not great on many of these new Rams.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I get warm air all the way until the one click before Max A/C. There are a few threads here on how to limit the amount of coolant flow into the heater core, which has proven effective in increasing A/C performance. For whatever reason there's way too much heat going through heater core

Nibis

Reaction score
I have the same issue with my Trailhawk, just kinda had to learn to live with it, but every once and a while I could get it to stop by fooling with the auto setting, like turning on then off. I wish we just had a normal system, like back in the day, Vent, Heat, defrost, A/C, max A/C, no auto, and no zones.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If ambient temp is in 70s or lower you can have that effect. It’s do to the dual core evaporator and high/low side design. With out compressor on the rest of a/c system can actually circulate and produce cold(a/c) air on its own.

RainDesert

Reaction score
If ambient temp is in 70s or lower you can have that effect. It’s do to the dual core evaporator and high/low side design. With out compressor on the rest of a/c system can actually circulate and produce cold(a/c) air on its own.
That is how all of my recent Fords have been. That's what I'm used too, not this warm to hot air I get with my 1500.

Users who are viewing this thread