5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vehicle user guide

Torch54

Reaction score
Ok I did a search and I didn't find anything so, the problem I have is when I touch vehicle user guide it trys to access and then says vehicle content is not available and to try again later. If I understand right this function doesn't require activation of any other services. Has anyone else had this issue? I suppose a trip to the dealer is probably in order to fix.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have not tried the vehicle users guide, so I'll give it a try. You might want to call the dealership and ask them. I get a similar message on the U-connect app, which so far has never worked.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think you'll have more luck dealing directly with uConnect people than the dealership. These things are so new, most dealers haven't a clue what's new and what carried over from 4th Gen.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have not tried the vehicle users guide, so I'll give it a try. You might want to call the dealership and ask them. I get a similar message on the U-connect app, which so far has never worked.
The app is now working after the 8.4 unit software update.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And was this update an over the air update or dealership update?
The help at uConnect is useless, the average owner knows more about the system.

Torch54

Reaction score

So you still have this option? After I got the update it completely disappeared and has been replaced. Also my phone now only connects through Android Auto and not directly to Uconnect like before.

CarRamRod

Reaction score
Anyone else lose the Vehicle User Guide app with the latest uConnect update? I know it was there before the update I performed last week. I was looking for it today and it is no where to be found. Anyone have any idea where it went?

James3201

Reaction score
I don't even have the option in mine, I am very curious to what or if it will be available. I had to ask FCA Customer Care for an Owners Manual as well, as I only got a user guide in my glovebox.

Turin

Reaction score
No electronic guide here either. I just got my Ram a couple days ago. While familiarizing myself with the UConnect system I saw the icon for it in the app drawer and thought "I need to look at that later." When later came the app was nowhere to be found.

slimchance

Reaction score
Uconnect uses AT&T to send and receive .... no signal no info .. and tech support is non existant

Jeff270

Reaction score
Did anyone ever figure this out? I can't find mine either......

Turin

Reaction score
Did anyone ever figure this out? I can't find mine either......
I think @slimchance is right about needing a AT&T LTE signal. My link to the user guide reappeared. Apparently it's completely online rather than the truck having a local copy that gets updated over LTE. (If so, that's idiotic IMO.)

Users who are viewing this thread