5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vehicle Health Report - IMMEDIATE ACTION

dss90c

Reaction score
I drove my truck in to work this morning. Nothing at all unusual about the drive. After about an hour at work, I receive an email with my monthly vehicle health report. The report indicates immediate action is required for the airbags. Oddly enough, there was no indication of such a problem on the truck's instrument cluster during my morning drive. The airbag light came on when the truck was started and turned off shortly thereafter as it should. The light also remained off for the remainder of the drive. If I didn't have the uconnect app, I would have not known about a potential issue. I'm going to keep a close eye on the airbag light during my drive home before I call to schedule a service appointment. Since the truck is still under warranty (<3,000 miles), I will probably have it checked out.

Has anyone seen anything like this before? Here is the message from the uconnect app:
Airbag.JPG

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Have you done any work recently? It could be that something was unplugged briefly and left a code in history. Or the battery was disconnected and it ran the health check before everything had reinitialized.

dss90c

Reaction score
Have you done any work recently? It could be that something was unplugged briefly and left a code in history. Or the battery was disconnected and it ran the health check before everything had reinitialized.
Nothing at all. That's why this is so strange.

dss90c

Reaction score
UPDATE: No issue with the airbag light last night or this morning. Everything appears to be normal. Very strange.

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Could be a hiccup in one of the sensors triggered the telematics to send a message to "Central Command".

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
probably just a method the manufacture uses to get you into the dealer for service. make you think you have a serious issue with the truck so when you take it in, they tell you they can't find anything wrong and then try and upsell you work. each manufacture has a different way of doing it.

dss90c

Reaction score
probably just a method the manufacture uses to get you into the dealer for service. make you think you have a serious issue with the truck so when you take it in, they tell you they can't find anything wrong and then try and upsell you work. each manufacture has a different way of doing it.
And oddly enough, I received a new vehicle health report this morning that states all systems passed. I did notice that the earlier health report email also stated that I had service offers available, so it looks like you might be right!

2020GCM

Reaction score
Interesting that I had this exact same thing happen to me last Friday, as well as having received an updated report since saying all is good. Strange.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had a vehicle health report show up recently that told me my truck required immediate attention.

During the last rain I still had my old and worn tires. They did great in the dry but in the wet there was a lot of traction (and some stability) control activation. Shortly after that I got the notification that there was a MIL (Malfunction Indicator Lamp aka check engine light) and that my truck required immediate servicing. No MIL in the truck or anything abnormal at all so I never took it in.

Just got my monthly "health report" which reported all is well. :unsure:

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had a vehicle health report show up recently that told me my truck required immediate attention.

During the last rain I still had my old and worn tires. They did great in the dry but in the wet there was a lot of traction (and some stability) control activation. Shortly after that I got the notification that there was a MIL (Malfunction Indicator Lamp aka check engine light) and that my truck required immediate servicing. No MIL in the truck or anything abnormal at all so I never took it in.

Just got my monthly "health report" which reported all is well. :unsure:

I'll be on the lookout for one as well if lack of traction triggers it. We finally got enough snow to have some fun in and after about a block of being sideways going up our hill (late at night before anyone gets too upset) the truck kept beeping at me while flashing the traction light. I'm used to getting the light flashing when drifting but the beeping was new to me from my previous 3 4th gens.

Nachotaco

Reaction score
How do you run the vehicle health reports? My truck hasn't run since I bought it (1/30) and our durango hasn't run since July.

Users who are viewing this thread