5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Various Issues

davis2885

Reaction score
I have had my truck for about a month and a half now and my biggest complaint thus far has to be the UCONNECT.

1. When i first got the car and plugged in my phone, i could play audio from any app etc on the device (without using Android Auto). Once i tested out Android Auto, i can only play music via bluetooth or AA but not through the media area anymore.
2. When i play music through my Bluetooth, after maybe 2-3 mins into the song, it starts to make a ticking sound in the song. I have to pause the song and start it again to clear up the issue buy it just comes back again after a few mins.
3. Occasionally my left side speakers will just stop working and i have to turn the head unit off and on again to get it to work.
4. When UCONNECT tells me there is a text message, there does not seem to be any way to control the ridiculous level of the volume for that feature. Even when it is reading back to you, the volume always remains steady, regardless of the current volume level of your Stereo.
5. Today, I remote started my truck because it was cold and I get in the car to find the remote start never turned on the heat (which was odd) then i also noticed my audio never came on when i got in. I turned the truck off and restarted it multiple times but I have not been able to get the audio to come back. The lack of audio also includes phone calls, text, FM/AM, AA and all of my driving sensor alerts as well.

I know this is an extensive list, but i am curious if anyone has run into all of the issues is some fashion or another. I have read through most of the threads in this section and I havent seen much in terms of a resolution to all of the problems I seem to be having. Has anyone gotten updates that have solved some of these problems?

Users who are viewing this thread