5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vararam vs S&B Intake

Maxram

Reaction score
Trying to decide between the two. Looking for a few takes on both from those that are running them.

RAMREB

Reaction score
I just installed the S&B this evening. The air box is huge I have to relocate my catch can from the cylinder head to the firewall. It is well made and the filter is over sized as well. I think its well built and I was impressed by the flow improvement numbers you can see on their website. I didn't really notice any gains of any sort yet but I have to put some miles on it and reset the ECM as they recommend which I haven't done yet.

Maxram

Reaction score
I just installed the S&B this evening. The air box is huge I have to relocate my catch can from the cylinder head to the firewall. It is well made and the filter is over sized as well. I think its well built and I was impressed by the flow improvement numbers you can see on their website. I didn't really notice any gains of any sort yet but I have to put some miles on it and reset the ECM as they recommend which I haven't done yet.

Thanks! I haven't got the catch can yet so that info definitely helps. I just installed my exhaust tonight so intake is next on my list.

RAMREB

Reaction score
Thanks! I haven't got the catch can yet so that info definitely helps. I just installed my exhaust tonight so intake is next on my list.
The Mishimoto catch can will work in conjunction with the S&B intake but it took about an hour and a trip to NAPA and Lowes to make one of the traditional ones work with the S&B.

Herbsram

Reaction score
I have the same issue. Do you mind sharing a photo and a how too, for those of us that could use the pointers. Thanks in advance.

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm running the Ram Airflow which is similar design and performance to the Vararam.

If I had to choose between the Vararam and the S&B Intake. I would go with the Vararam

1612443850978.png

Godscountryrider

Reaction score
I had a vararam on my 18 big horn. Loved it. For now on my 21 REB I did a drop in K&N... & removed air boxes factory top “screen. Screen removed on right. Rest is obvious LOL

Attachments

• 10180B98-C22F-40F6-AA76-5B0FE5973DF8.jpeg
    10180B98-C22F-40F6-AA76-5B0FE5973DF8.jpeg
    172.6 KB · Views: 132

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Vararam FTW. Old school Mopar look and I have verified increase in performance. Can't say I noticed any difference in MPG, but I did install it right when it got cold and winter blend fuel.

Attachments

• PXL_20201116_232310205.jpg
    PXL_20201116_232310205.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 123

nickelwork87

Reaction score
You know that if it's a billet specialties can they have a relocation piece that you can buy now.

Users who are viewing this thread