5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vanity Mirror Bulb Replacing Help

Texas Woody

Reaction score
How do I access the 2 bulbs on each sun visor vanity mirror to replace them? Do the plastic lenses over the bulbs pop off if I use a small flat head screw driver and coax it gently?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texas Woody

Reaction score
I answered my own question without breaking anything. Yes, those little plastic lenses just pop off if you use a small flat head screwdriver and are careful. Vanity mirror bulbs changed to LEDs. Matches the rest of the bulbs inside now. Perfect. And more bright.

tdwilli1

Reaction score
I answered my own question without breaking anything. Yes, those little plastic lenses just pop off if you use a small flat head screwdriver and are careful. Vanity mirror bulbs changed to LEDs. Matches the rest of the bulbs inside now. Perfect. And more bright.

What were the bulbs and part numbers you put in?

Texas Woody

Reaction score
What were the bulbs and part numbers you put in?
I ordered them straight from Diode Dynamics' website. Go there, put your truck information in , and it tells you which bulbs you need. Simple.

I also ordered their white LED replacement bulbs for the high-mounted cargo lights also. They are bright!

TheMadDutchDude

Reaction score
For future reference, I found it much easier to pop the whole assembly out. The lights I got weren't the easiest to fit (from Headlight Revolution) and was vastly easier with it in my lap.

You just have to pop the cover towards the back, remove two bolts, and the whole thing comes right out. :)

Texas Woody

Reaction score
For future reference, I found it much easier to pop the whole assembly out. The lights I got weren't the easiest to fit (from Headlight Revolution) and was vastly easier with it in my lap.

You just have to pop the cover towards the back, remove two bolts, and the whole thing comes right out. :)

Removing bolts and taking the whole thing out sounds way more tedious than popping the lenses off to replace the bulbs, and popping them back on. Just my $.02.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheMadDutchDude

Reaction score
Honestly, I would never have gotten them to sit correctly if I didn’t do that.

I got the lights from HR which I suppose weren’t designed for the 2019, but they work. I had to bend and adjust the power wires on the bulbs numerous times before they were in “correctly” ... some $80 that was! :cautious:

Texas Woody

Reaction score
Honestly, I would never have gotten them to sit correctly if I didn’t do that.

I got the lights from HR which I suppose weren’t designed for the 2019, but they work. I had to bend and adjust the power wires on the bulbs numerous times before they were in “correctly” ... some $80 that was! :cautious:
Yikes, that sounds terrible! If you had spent $20 for 4 of the Diode Dynamics SMF2 bulbs (24 lumens) in cool white color, you'd have gotten exact replacement bulbs for the ones that came with the truck. Popping off the 4 lenses, replacing the 4 bulbs, and replacing the 4 lenses, was a one-beer job (about 5 minutes).

chithead

Reaction score
Super easy to install as others pointed out. Had to turn mine slightly towards the mirror though, them things were way too bright facing right at you. That slight angle though, fixed it right up.

Users who are viewing this thread