5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vacation troubles

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don't suppose there's anywhere close where you could buy a cheap code reader? Or borrow one from a parts store.
Tom
He left truck at dealer and continued on vacation in a rental. So I would say, no, that's not going to help him.

Happy

Reaction score
Update…service called back and code indicated a broken valve spring. Repair anticipated to complete by Wednesday EOB, then to determine if there are any other issues. Sounds like it will be road ready by the time I pass back through.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Update…service called back and code indicated a broken valve spring. Repair anticipated to complete by Wednesday EOB, then to determine if there are any other issues. Sounds like it will be road ready by the time I pass back through.

Not surprised but its an easy fix. Hopefully they look at all the springs or at least determine if they came from the same lot. Be thankful that it didn't drop a valve or blow up the intake when you tried to restart it

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Great news. In the end, not that bad of a fix and it was a small hiccup in your overall vacation. Enjoy life and move on.

Happy

Reaction score
Got the call today, 1 spring…intake valve on #2 cylinder. Repair completed. We should be able to pick it up on the way back.

Thanks to everyone and their advice.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got the call today, 1 spring…intake valve on #2 cylinder. Repair completed. We should be able to pick it up on the way back.

Thanks to everyone and their advice.
Glad it was fixed in a timely manner for you. Safe travels.

Users who are viewing this thread