5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UV light in glovebox

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I saw this reading my manual...is this a joke? Has anybody seen this on the 2023 Limited Elite...I haven't. But I haven't looked for it either. Lol!

“Plus, the glove box features a UV light that kills bacteria. You can activate it on the center console, which will run for three minutes to clean your keys, phone, and more.”

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well that sure is interesting I’d be interested is it like in a case inside the glove box or literally just a UV Bulb in the glove box??? Lol

bronco44

Reaction score
I'm struggling to find it now, but I'm pretty sure I read UV light is only on a special edition of the truck. I was thinking the Built to Serve edition but I can't find it mentioned anywhere now. Almost wondering if they did away with that idea.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm struggling to find it now, but I'm pretty sure I read UV light is only on a special edition of the truck. I was thinking the Built to Serve edition but I can't find it mentioned anywhere now. Almost wondering if they did away with that idea.
From the 2023 press release
  • Ram 1500 (RAM)RED Edition features UV-C glove box light that’s engaged through a button on the center console. Once engaged, the UV light will start a three-minute hygiene cycle that kills bacteria

bronco44

Reaction score
From the 2023 press release
  • Ram 1500 (RAM)RED Edition features UV-C glove box light that’s engaged through a button on the center console. Once engaged, the UV light will start a three-minute hygiene cycle that kills bacteria
Ahh nice, knew it was a special edition. There used to be a dedicated blurb about it when viewing the editions but looks like they removed that. I do see it's listed in the features when building a Limited Ram Red though.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I saw this reading my manual...is this a joke? Has anybody seen this on the 2023 Limited Elite...I haven't. But I haven't looked for it either. Lol!

“Plus, the glove box features a UV light that kills bacteria. You can activate it on the center console, which will run for three minutes to clean your keys, phone, and more.”
It's part of the built to serve editions, for them being able to disinfect items, being the fact they could encounter bodily fluids and such in the line of work. More of a gimmick, because it's not like they are used in the line of work, and if I was a first responder, and was exposed to something, I would be disinfecting things before I got into my personal vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread