5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using the right on brackets for multi tailgate

Sumter63

Reaction score
Hello. Does anyone know by using the right on brackets will it void the tonneau cover warranty or truck warranty. I was told it could. Still trying to find a cover . Looking at the Undercover ultra flex or the RetraxPROx. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you're replacing the cover, I wouldn't be concerned with the cover warranty and the only part of the truck warranty could be something related to the MFT, but adding the retrax or ultraflex would be adding support back in, in addition to having the right on brackets. I wouldn't be worried about it personally.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you're replacing the cover, I wouldn't be concerned with the cover warranty and the only part of the truck warranty could be something related to the MFT, but adding the retrax or ultraflex would be adding support back in, in addition to having the right on brackets. I wouldn't be worried about it personally.
I agree with the above. My GatorTraxx adds a lot of support.

Sumter63

Reaction score
I cannot add the undercover or retrex cover without using the right on brackets. Just trying to find if using these would it void any warranty. Don't understand why it would when the added bracket is actually stronger than the OEM bracket. Maybe I should put a cap on the bed and be done with all these issues..thanks for the feedback I appreciate the help.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I would argue that it could also void coverage for any bed related issues, since the brackets are for strengthening the bed to support the MFT.

Sumter63

Reaction score
I would argue that it could also void coverage for any bed related issues, since the brackets are for strengthening the bed to support the MFT.
I agree I called undercover they said because cover is not made for truck using it would void warranty. Crazy. Thanks for the insight...

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So if you have an issue with the bed you pull the cover and reinstall the brackets before you bring it in for service.. It's not like a performance chip or something that they could see when your truck breaks down and gets towed in.

I'm not one who likes to void warranties but this one is kinda a no brainer. and the things that could possibly be affected by it are pretty limited.

tomme12

Reaction score
I was looking at the undercover product as well and the dealer said "oh yeah, it will work no problem with the MFT tailgate". Its a nice cover, but I had my doubts and now I think I may pass on it. Any thoughts?

Sumter63

Reaction score
I was looking at the undercover product as well and the dealer said "oh yeah, it will work no problem with the MFT tailgate". Its a nice cover, but I had my doubts and now I think I may pass on it. Any thoughts?
It will work as long as you have the Ram boxes also. The trucks with the ram boxes do not have the above mentioned bulkhead brackets installed. Nice cover . Hopefully I can get an answer on this so I can order it also. Good luck

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You guys know about this thread? lots of info here and where the Right On Brackets originated.

Users who are viewing this thread